Angryfox        
Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 115154555657585960616263646566676871111 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 4511

Thread: The Lounge 2017

  1. #1801
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,413

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Dont give wimmer 2470, he gonna start a fire. Lol.
    Kaboom

  2. #1802
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Oh man. Just had a nice 30 minutes of "light play" only to be interrupted by my wife walking out on me

    wife: "what are you doing?"
    MC: "Uhhhhh, playing with my flashlights"

    wife: smh , closes the door.

    Similar guilty feeling when she walks in on me watching porn
    It was worth it! Hahaha.

    The m25c2vnT is unbelievable for a single 18650 thrower!
    tk61vn, wow! What a high lumen thrower!
    Tk75vn and k40vn were pretty awesome as well.

    Was going to try and do some comparrison shots before I got ...ummmm interrupted. Lol.

    Ok that was fun. Time to buy something new. Lol

    i knew I should have spread out those purchases.
    Last edited by MC408; 02-16-2017 at 11:47 PM.

  3. #1803
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Fellas. I hear 30qs come up a lot on battery recomendations. Is this the battery of choice for all lights or does it vary from light to light?

    i need batteries for the following. Recommendations welcome. Thanks

    M25c2vnT
    t6vn
    tk75vn or tn42vn (if something runs better than vtc5s)
    tn36utvn

  4. #1804
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,218

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    It's hard to go wrong with 30Q's. Good capacity, near tip-top performance, and a bargain for what you're getting. Oh, and widely available.

  5. #1805
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    17,484

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Yes 30Q have enough juice in the tank for pretty much all v54 lights.

  6. #1806

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    There u go mike. They got 141 left in stock.

    http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index....product_id=542
    Last edited by Newlumen; 02-17-2017 at 09:31 AM.

  7. #1807

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Yayyyy I found myself a new machinist!!! Wonder if he wants to chime in but I am so excited!!!
    He's definitely a member of the forum, a V54 fan, and in the process of learning a new trade. Nobody will hire me to do what I'm trained to do because I'm "too old" and was too senior, so I've switched and become an apprentice machinist. Fortunately Vinh doesn't have to rely on me alone for his machining needs, because my boss is nothing if not an expert. I own a small part of the shop, have a complete manual shop at home, and own one of the CNC mills at work. Being able to collaborate with you all is going to be fun.

  8. #1808
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    17,484

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Thats awesome Larry, congrats to both and the future will be for ever bright.......er!

  9. #1809
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryB View Post
    He's definitely a member of the forum, a V54 fan, and in the process of learning a new trade. Nobody will hire me to do what I'm trained to do because I'm "too old" and was too senior, so I've switched and become an apprentice machinist. Fortunately Vinh doesn't have to rely on me alone for his machining needs, because my boss is nothing if not an expert. I own a small part of the shop, have a complete manual shop at home, and own one of the CNC mills at work. Being able to collaborate with you all is going to be fun.
    nice! Congrats to you both! The best business relationships start with people you know and can trust.

  10. #1810
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,413

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by MC408 View Post
    nice! Congrats to you both! The best business relationships start with people you know and can trust.
    +1 this is so cool. The family continues to grow

  11. #1811
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    There u go mike. They got 141 left in stock.

    http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index....product_id=542
    They got 128 left now

  12. #1812
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    I finally rounded up the crew of VN lights for a group hug. Collection is still in its infancy stage, but it's getting there!

    maybe someone should start a VN collection photo thread! I would love to see some of your guys lineups! I have my gut feeling who's collection is largest , and it's not Larry like everyone thinks

    picture uploader

    free image host

  13. #1813
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    17,484

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Great v54 family MC, love the variety and LUUUURVE what you have done to the x60, that red/black looks out of this world! Great stuff there, cant beat v54 eye candy.

    Cant get them altogether, so here is a couple of random pics, this from the other night



    Few random i had out for "torch night" with Callum(now 7yr old)


    Random picks for torch night


    Yes he has a collection to, not sure how many right now but guess around 35, a triple and v54 in his collectionm

  14. #1814
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Awesome pics Ven and thanks for the compliment!

    Fellas. I'm gonna start an new thread for V54 flashlight porn. Haha.

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...82#post5054882

    Post your our family photos!

    Oooops. Sorry. Didn't mean to put family and porn I the same convo. Haha
    Last edited by MC408; 02-17-2017 at 04:22 PM.

  15. #1815

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Great v54 family MC, love the variety and LUUUURVE what you have done to the x60, that red/black looks out of this world! Great stuff there, cant beat v54 eye candy.

    Cant get them altogether, so here is a couple of random pics, this from the other night



    Few random i had out for "torch night" with Callum(now 7yr old)


    Random picks for torch night


    Yes he has a collection to, not sure how many right now but guess around 35, a triple and v54 in his collectionm
    Holy MULTI-EMITTER MANIA! Nice collection Ven!

  16. #1816
    wimmer21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kentucky, on a hill overlooking the Ohio River... literally
    Posts
    4,148

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Dont give wimmer 2470, he gonna start a fire. Lol.
    Just trying to light my stogie bro.


  17. #1817
    Alex1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bear Delaware
    Posts
    3,636

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Ven and MC408. Where is the like button for all those photos. AMAZING LIGHTS GUYS. Nice photo quality aswell
    Flashlights: X65vn,Tn42vn, Boss1vn, X6vn SSCU, X5 kronos, U21vn, m43vn, FD41vn, SDminivn, H20vn, E01vn, Catapult v5, Bkfa09s, XT15, S10R Baton III, 55w hid spotlight 1,100,000cd



  18. #1818

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Oh s@@#. Rc40vn40 and sd26vn made it here safely.
    image hosting no register

  19. #1819

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Dont give wimmer 2470, he gonna start a fire. Lol.
    It's been burning since the world's been turning...

    Unrelated note... it's been a couple months since a big light purchase. But I got out the T6vn for the first time and gosh I love this light. For those who have seen my backyard pics... I can light up the houses on the opposite side of the lake so well I feel bad about it. Ahhh such a great light. I don't need another new big light yet after all.

  20. #1820
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Oh s@@#. Rc40vn40 and sd26vn made it here safely.
    image hosting no register
    Nice!!!!!

  21. #1821

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    This light is amazing. Very neat work. It have v54 engraved and #6. I am already scare just looking at the heatsink underneath the board. Lol.

  22. #1822

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sampson Flat, Sth. Aust.
    Posts
    1,098

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Bdm82 View Post
    It's been burning since the world's been turning...

    Unrelated note... it's been a couple months since a big light purchase. But I got out the T6vn for the first time and gosh I love this light. For those who have seen my backyard pics... I can light up the houses on the opposite side of the lake so well I feel bad about it. Ahhh such a great light. I don't need another new big light yet after all.
    This is exactly where I am at Bdm82, and now I am one in/one out with my lights. The fact is, I don't use a lot of my lights and I don't consider myself to be a collector. The added problem in Australia is that outside of the community, a modded light is an impediment to selling it not a bonus as it should be. 🙁 The CPF community in Australia is loyal but not large.

    I agree, The T6vn regularly gets a run in the flashaholic's world of diminishing returns, and never fails to please!

  23. #1823
    MC408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    This light is amazing. Very neat work. It have v54 engraved and #6. I am already scare just looking at the heatsink underneath the board. Lol.
    MC and SW21 are looking forward to NLs YouTube video tonight!

  24. #1824
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,413

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by MC408 View Post
    MC and SW21 are looking forward to NLs YouTube video tonight!
    OG will be waiting toooooooo. Congrats NL..

  25. #1825
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    17,484

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Buzzing for you NL, the pinnacle of your flashlight collection, not only a work of art, but functional in all its beauty.....................v54 at its best. Amazing.............

  26. #1826

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Blaine WA, USA
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Oh s@@#. Rc40vn40 and sd26vn made it here safely.
    hosting no register
    why OH s@@# ? - that is a thing of beauty
    Last edited by lstmichel; 02-17-2017 at 07:29 PM.

  27. #1827

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by MC408 View Post
    MC and SW21 are looking forward to NLs YouTube video tonight!
    Sure. I will definitely make a video for the rc40vn40. Its so damn bright. I am afraid my cellphone camera will step down. Lol..

  28. #1828

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by lstmichel View Post
    why OHs@@# ? - that is a thing of beauty
    Vinh email me if i want to buy an insurance for the rc40vn40. I decline. Lol. The light arrived safely.

  29. #1829

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SG Hall View Post
    This is exactly where I am at Bdm82, and now I am one in/one out with my lights. The fact is, I don't use a lot of my lights and I don't consider myself to be a collector. The added problem in Australia is that outside of the community, a modded light is an impediment to selling it not a bonus as it should be. 🙁 The CPF community in Australia is loyal but not large.

    I agree, The T6vn regularly gets a run in the flashaholic's world of diminishing returns, and never fails to please!
    I meant "first time in a while" but yeah, same difference.

    I haven't tried to sell any of my v54 lights yet. I've thought about selling a couple stock lights but the money isn't worth it to bother; I'd rather have a light I can give/loan someone else. I think I could sell my Olight M3xs-UT and get a T21 for probably less than $30 difference, but I frigging hate that orange button on the T21.

    I've thought selling the ec60vn; its the only v54 I've been "meh" about. But it's still a champ in that form factor and the used market isn't strong.

    I think we have it so easy sometimes in the US. Between shipping costs, the passarounds, the used market...

  30. #1830
    wimmer21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kentucky, on a hill overlooking the Ohio River... literally
    Posts
    4,148

    Default Re: The Lounge 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Bdm82 View Post
    It's been burning since the world's been turning...

    Unrelated note... it's been a couple months since a big light purchase. But I got out the T6vn for the first time and gosh I love this light. For those who have seen my backyard pics... I can light up the houses on the opposite side of the lake so well I feel bad about it. Ahhh such a great light. I don't need another new big light yet after all.
    Couldn't have said it better. That T6vn sure is a dandy!

Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 115154555657585960616263646566676871111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •