Jetbeam        
Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 4114

Thread: The Lounge 2017

Default Re: The Lounge 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Hello guys, I just got my x45vn today.. this light is so bright that I can't even get near it.. the amount of lumen coming from this light will hurt my eyes.. lol.. I test the turbo heat test with the Sony vtc 6 flat top. It fits ok because button top is a must.. so you will get better connection. I am waiting for my Sony vtc5a button top..

After 2 minutes turbo, the head is 197.5 Fahrenheit and handle is 126.5.. I didn't experience any lumen step down with the Sony vtc6. The voltage was 3.96.
    upload a gif

free upload pictures
    NL, what was on the len , looks like a small piece of diffuser sticker ?

Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    NL, what was on the len , looks like a small piece of diffuser sticker ?
    I snap a picture right after running 2 minutes turbo.. they are moisture or dense from the heat..

Lately I have only been lurking, fearing I will get the urge to puck up a few more lights when funds were currently on hold....

The culprit....had this sucker on order since Feb. 18th. 31'7" of fun! Finally arrived to sign papers yesterday. Believe it or not EVERY SINGLE LIGHT inside and out are led's including the running lights.

Quote Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
    Lately I have only been lurking, fearing I will get the urge to puck up a few more lights when funds were currently on hold....

The culprit....had this sucker on order since Feb. 18th. 31'7" of fun! Finally arrived to sign papers yesterday. Believe it or not EVERY SINGLE LIGHT inside and out are led's including the running lights.

The tint on your awning light looks rather cool, were no neutral or warm options available?

Kidding.

Congrats on the new toy!

Congrats ProCharger! You simply have an extravagant host for you LED flashlight! LOL

Haha very cool indeed. Interior has them as well above the slide and under the countertop edges. Works extremely well as a night light from the front bedroom to the bathroom. The exterior blue strip from what I can tell attracts a lot less bugs than the white exterior light when both are on.

Edit: Hard to see it but that is a Fiat Lux R50vn sitting on the countertop far far right!
    Last edited by ProCharger; 05-19-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Very nice pro. Good times coming.

Here is the x45vn with the new driver.

free upload

Congrats NL, love it!!! You are the king of v54 beasts

That is 1 nice set up ProC, awesome bit of kit......................enjoy

Thanks for the beamshot NL.
    It surprised me that the X45vn has a bit of a hot spot, since it's such a flooder.
    It's awfully hard to capture the awesomeness of the X45vn because there's so much light. It's easier with throwers.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Congrats NL, love it!!! You are the king of v54 beasts

That is 1 nice set up ProC, awesome bit of kit......................enjoy
    +1 And he burned up all his grass.

If you need to do curls :-)

Email/Paypal/Subscribe: SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post

Thats nice. I like that plants.. are you into gardening??

Beautiful, Vinh!

Flashaholic*

or make biscuits

So i have been reading about battery.. Solder blop 18650 will yield afew extra lumen.. wow. Thats so cool. I never knew it. Its probably because solder blop have internal resistance increase??

So i have been reading about battery.. Solder blop 18650 will yield afew extra lumen.. wow. Thats so cool. I never knew it. Its probably because solder blop have internal resistance increase??
    I've been thinking about learning to solder. I don't even have a soldering iron and don't know own what kind of solder material that will pass the most current, and not get soft, too.

NL, can you give a reference link?

Solder is just metal, just a conduit... unless it increases surface area and reduces actual resistance between battery and light terminals... I wouldn't think it would make much difference.

Internal resistance is related to the internals of the battery... how the battery is built and possibly degrading affecting how it can release its power.

I'm learning all the time myself, so am not guaranteeing much...

Quote Originally Posted by Bdm82 View Post
    NL, can you give a reference link?

Solder is just metal, just a conduit... unless it increases surface area and reduces actual resistance between battery and light terminals... I wouldn't think it would make much difference.

Internal resistance is related to the internals of the battery... how the battery is built and possibly degrading affecting how it can release its power.

I'm learning all the time myself, so am not guaranteeing much...
    you can see samsung 30q Button top at 6090 lumen.. solder blop at 6260 lumen.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/45915

you can see samsung 30q Button top at 6090 lumen.. solder blop at 6260 lumen.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/45915
    Thank you sir.

170 lumen difference there at over 6000 lumens.

I'm sure someone will think these are fighting words (they're not; also I have no comments about drop ins, pwm, or etc), but I don't think that result with a single data point is all that significant.

Now I'm guessing that the single solder blob does just give a better path for current to flow than a button top with its own connection and button.

However, since I started testing my own lights I've realized just how sensitive the variables are. 4.2 vs 4.17 makes a difference. 70 degree temp batteries vs 75 degree (F) temp batteries makes a difference. Heck, even, depending on test rig, the way a multi-emitter light is turned when put in/on the measuring device can make a percent of difference.

Not knowing how many cycles are on those batteries, whether they are protected or not (assuming not), what the temps were during each test, how many times each test was repeated, what kind of sphere was used, etc... I wouldn't consider there to be a statistically significant difference.

I say this, but also acknowledge I'd always choose another 2.7% of lumens if free...

It's probably just pushing the springs down more therefore reducing the resistance is my guess.
    Unless there's already a bypass wire soldered in.
    I don't see how adding solder to the positive tip on its own would reduce the cells internal resistance - if so I'd love to hear how!

Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    It's probably just pushing the springs down more therefore reducing the resistance is my guess.
    Unless there's already a bypass wire soldered in.
    I don't see how adding solder to the positive tip on its own would reduce the cells internal resistance - if so I'd love to hear how!
    I hadn't thought of that, but another solid hypothesis. Make contact with more of the spring, creating a better and shorter path... that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    I see my post was deleted. That's ridiculous. I did that because I thought it might make her laugh or smile at least... completely harmless and not disrespectful. I clearly don't belong here if something as lighthearted as that post is frowned on even in the Lounge.
    Anyone seen wimmer lately? Think he went MIA after this interaction and post. Hopefully your out there wimmer, we miss your witty humor and stories!

Quote Originally Posted by MC408 View Post
    Anyone seen wimmer lately? Think he went MIA after this interaction and post. Hopefully your out there wimmer, we miss your witty humor and stories!
    Yes he has and it was not right what was said. If I get in trouble for saying this. I'll have a great laugh . I'll talk to him again. Wimmer is a great guy as we all know. Makes us all laugh with his wit and humor as Mike said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Yes he has and it was not right what was said. If I get in trouble for saying this. I'll have a great laugh . I'll talk to him again. Wimmer is a great guy as we all know. Makes us all laugh with his wit and humor as Mike said!!!
    +1 to this. I've tried to contact him too without luck, so please pass on my best wishes OG.

Just a friendly reminder here that open discussion of moderation is considered very disruptive to the forum.

Thanks for your understanding.
    ... is the archimedes peak

What Tail Cap is that Vinh--I got the Downtowner----You're right kind of heavy --Do Curls or Protect yourself
    K40Mvn (5k/4k domed/dedome) SR52vn(PDTn/PDTw) P15vn P16vn(PDTw) P12(PDTc) SRT6vn(PDTc) PD35vn(2c domed/PDTn) TX25C2vn V2T S200C2vn(PDTn) TK61(PDTc) LD50vn (PDT)
    M2Xvn (PDTsw) MX25L3 (4k) TN32(PDTc) TN36vn(dedome)

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Just a friendly reminder here that open discussion of moderation is considered very disruptive to the forum.

Thanks for your understanding.
    I was away yesterday on a bike trip so I am not ware of recent activities. Regardless, lets just talk flashlight and other matters that are not moderation related. Otherwise we might violate the whining rule. Happy with the rules or not we are not here to change it. This is not our forum so just accept and behave according to CPF rules.. Thanks all.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 05-22-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    Email/Paypal/Subscribe: SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Thanks Vinh
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138 LastLast