• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTT Mag 85 "Hotwire" light whole or part out

Wattnot

Enlightened
SOLD Mag 85 "Hotwire" light whole or part out

Finally SOLD!

This light is a "right of passage" so if you're new here, you must trade! You can build one but it's not that challenging after all so just trade for this one.

Here is the old marketplace ad that's been archived: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?174940-FS-Turn-key-Mag85-hotwire-for-cost-of-parts!

I'm interested in the latest, greatest and most powerful AA lights by major makers. The cost of building this should make for a $150 trade value but there may be some flex in that, lets talk.

As long as the battery pack goes first, I'm willing to part this out. The battery pack fits nicely into a 3D cell Maglite so if someone wants to mod one and end up with 10.8 volts rather than 3.6, then this is the pack you want.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
I'm willing to part this out now but the first part to go has to be the battery pack. Is anyone doing LED mods that require a higher voltage? This is the way to go. The pack, made and sold by our own LuxLuthor, neatly replaces 3D cells but give you 10.8 volts and 2000 mah.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Bump for a piece of flashlight history. Hurry up and take this off my hands before the Smithsonian gets wind of it!

Wattnot

Enlightened
I have the light and now the pack up on ebay. The 2000 mah 10.8 volt pack would be perfect for a 3D cell Maglite mod project. Maybe incan "hotwire" projects aren't popular anymore but LED mods still must be!

Wattnot

Enlightened
Well, this has to be a record. I put this light up for sale here (back when the marketplace was free) 1/8/2008 and sold it yesterday.

I doubt the Guiness World Book people will care but it's a record for me nonetheless! I sold it on Ebay. At least it didn't take a full DECADE!