• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GoingGear.com - EagTac SX30A4: 1427 lumens from a AA flashlight

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
A lot of people like the convenience of a AA flashlight, and who can blame them? If your light runs out of juice and recharging isn't an option, or if your battery fails, you can swing by pretty much and store and pick up a replacement set. This means you never really have to worry about being without your light for long. Having that convenience and 1427 lumens? Well, that's just awesome.! EagTac (formerly EagleTac) just sent us our first shipment of their SX30A4 flashlights, and we are pretty impressed. The size is great for a light you keep in you car or home, and it's still small enough to fit comfortably in every hand. The SX30A4 is available in two configurations, the aforementioned 1427 lumen version with a CREE XHP35 LED, and a high CRI version with 740 lumens from a Nichia 219C LED. Either light can be powered by 4 Ni-MH (probably your best bet), Lithium Iron (not Li-ion), or even Alkaline AA batteries, and retails at $110.

EagTac SX30A4 CREE XHP35 HI E2 1427 Lumen Flashlight

EagTac SX30A4 High CRI Nichia 219C 740 Lumen Flashlight

1_12_3.jpg

4_9_2.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
I like the easy to press raised switch on this one. Many of the Eagletac lights have a nearly flush switch; I won't buy those after trying one.

bignc

Enlightened
As of 1240 Eastern today I called the shop and they are just having internet difficulties. Didn't want anyone to start panicking so thought I would post that here in case they don't have access to this thread.