Single AA incan???

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a good single AA incan light that you folks can recommend? I have no clue when it comes to incandescent lights but something like a Surefire E1E that runs off AA batteries.

Last edited:

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
b54c878cf4c619e33e0359c7e9cf4fa0.jpg

McGizmo 1xAA Pak - Surefire e series incandescent head - Lumens Factory HO E2A powered by 14500*

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Seller just replied back to me and said, 'Not led'.

Quite likely similar to or made by Brinkmann circa early 2000's. I'll update in a couple of days when the one(s) I bought arrives.

So far the 'brightest' 1aa incan I've found is Rayovac Sportsman Jr from the middle 1970's. The lensless shallow reflector has the magnifier tip'd #112 bulb all the way forward to where it is nearly at the front edge of the what we call bezel today and it throws out every possible photon the fuel cell will allow.

But that Schrade looks promising.

Last edited:

zerodish

Newly Enlightened
If you can find an old Radioshack catalog say 2007 it has some interesting data about bulb brightness. The 3 cell bulbs were twice as bright as the 3 cell bulbs rather than the 50 percent you would expect. 1 cell bulbs generally did not give the brightness. Not sure for the reason for this I expect it takes a minimum voltage to get the photons started. This explains why 1 cell lights were not generally made.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
b54c878cf4c619e33e0359c7e9cf4fa0.jpg

McGizmo 1xAA Pak - Surefire e series incandescent head - Lumens Factory HO E2A powered by 14500*

I wish everyone could have one of these!

Fivemega sells 18500 hosts for E Series that would fit 14500 with a sleeve.

I came across the Lumilite 7050 1AA Super K, (also on eBay for $2 x72), the Lumilite 5350 1AA Industrial, the Lumilite 5250 1-AA, and the Lumilite 8050 K-1AA. Lumilite makes some reportedly well constructed aluminum 2AA flashlights, but these 1AA lights are plastic. I have this K light, it's fun. It uses the common 1.2v e10 base bulb found at any hardware store.

Last edited:

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
What is the approximate output and run time with the AA with the e series head. It looks nice.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering the same thing, and also if an e1e head will play nicely on a malkoff mdc body and an eneloop.
What is the approximate output and run time with the AA with the e series head. It looks nice.

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
That is exactly what I had in mind. I would say great minds think alike but I don't want degrade you by bringing you down to my level ;)

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Gurdy I am running a vme head on a AA mdc body right now with enloop pros and it works just fine. I am using an m31 dropin so the voltage at least with the led seems fine. Not sure how the Incan would be though. But the head will definitely fit the body.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. Yea I've tried that before as well. I thought it'd be cool to stick a 15 lumen e1e incan head on a single AA mdc body but not sure if a AA would power it. I like the warmth of incan and the look of the surefire e1e heads but I'm all about eneloops.
Gurdy I am running a vme head on a AA mdc body right now with enloop pros and it works just fine. I am using an m31 dropin so the voltage at least with the led seems fine. Not sure how the Incan would be though. But the head will definitely fit the body.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may try to catch a Pelican 2320 AA version on Amazon. Pelican itself has removed that light from the web page.

Oops, sorry, it takes 2xCR123A. My bad.

Last edited:

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Hate to show off gurdy but what about this bad mofo. If you hold it just right in a dark room you can almost tell it is on. AA powered
image.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

bykfixer

Flashaholic

You sure this is an incand light?

Turns out this one is a 1 triple A. It's not a Brinkmann clone like I suspected but seemingly its own unique design.

Looks like a double A but the girth is all slim like a triple A

It looks like with a slightly larger hole in the reflector one could insert one of the double A size 3 cell mini mag/brinkmann trimax bulbs and a stack of coin cells to hot wire that sucker.

Last edited: