Help Identifying a Cyclops and Surefire Please

mostlycomeatnight

Newly Enlightened
Hey everybody!

So I've had these flashlights for years. All I needed were batteries I thought, so I ordered some from Amazon, but I'm not sure if they are bad or not correct, but I did research and assumed I was buying the correct ones. I always go for rechargeable so these are, but maybe that's a bad call? They are Acatim IMPR16340 3.7V 750 mAH.

After purchasing the batteries I put them in and one of the flashlights just didn't turn on at all. When I put them in the other the bulb flashed on for a second, died and then never came back on.

I have searched and searched and can't figure out what model they are so that I can purchase the correct batteries and replacement bulbs. Does anybody know what the best batteries and bulbs are for the price that will fit in these? Does anybody use rechargeable batteries for theirs? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

John

IMG_1981.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1982.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1982.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

m4a1usr

Enlightened
First off welcome to CPF! You've come to the right place for information and folks sharing with you their experiences and knowledge. I have several of those very lights myself but for the life of me I have long forgotten what the model number is? I do know hey haven't been made in awhile. As they come you shouldn't be using rechargeables though. IIRC they use a pretty well overdriven lamp assy. And that was for 2 cr123 cells. So 2 rcr123 cells will definitely put you over the top. Sounds like you already smoked a lamp as of now. But that's ok since the size that fits the stock reflector is a common one and you can find higher voltage replacements.

I modified standard P60/D25 led drop for both of mine and becomes a nice single cell EDC/ glove box light. All that's required is to turn down reflector to fit the head. A standard 20mm pill works without any modification. Use a single 16650 or a 17670 cell. Since your probably going to stick with the stock setup here's a video that covers the old lamp assy and has some replacement recommendations. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUzYxm6h_M

mostlycomeatnight

Newly Enlightened
Hey M4A1,

First off, thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my message and give such good information!

So, if I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that I would get the P60 assembly to replace the bulb on those surefires? I'm assuming that means that you buy that assembly, but can't just buy the bulbs themselves, they are attached?

Would it be something like this? http://www.surefire.com/p60lamp.html

And yes I probably should have done more research before getting the rechargeable batteries. I love having rechargeable, but if it won't work then I understand.

That being said, is this in regards to the surefires or the Cyclops?

Thank you!

John