Wiring harness's ??

hangn_9

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2000 Isuzu Vehicross.

Wanting to step up my headlight game. I am an on call for work 24/7/365 and end up driving most often at night and if available, in bad weather.

The first thing I am noticing from the threads on this sub-forum. It seem's from many post's, the wiring harness makes a big difference. If that's the case I a may as well start there. Anything done with regard to Fuse's?

Are you all replacing them with OEM harnesses or an upgraded harness? If not OEM, is there a recommended manufacturer?

The youtube I watched seems to just splice new harness wires into old harness wires. Is that the plan for best results? Is there a tutorial or video ??

I figure I would start with this then move on to the bulbs. Not planning on sinking a boat load of money or time in the project. And I am less interested in what "Looks Cool" than what "Works Well". This is less of a "Want" for me and more of a "need".

Thanks in advance
Bryan

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The idea is explained in detail here. If you decide to do this, be careful when you select your components (if you build your own) or harness (if you buy a complete harness) -- there is a lot of junk on the market, poorly-made with unreliable, bad quality components, which is not what you want.

Your headlamp assemblies, assuming they're original, are old and probably past time for replacement with new ones (Can you even still get parts for Isuzu light vehicles?). The best bulbs are these, and it will pay you dividends to make sure the lamps are aimed correctly with an optical aiming machine.

hangn_9

Newly Enlightened
Your headlamp assemblies, assuming they're original, are old and probably past time for replacement with new ones (Can you even still get parts for Isuzu light vehicles?).
They are hard to come by. My model year only 803 total were sold in the states (Only 90 in my color). They are able to use some parts from the Isuzu Rodeo, not the headlights. Someone does refurbish them.
images
But then I would have to be without headlights until the shipping/refurbish is complete. It's my daily driver. [/QUOTE] This is what the housing looks like. there is a "horn" light formed into the top of the housing.

hangn_9

Newly Enlightened
Read your link and looked at your products. I also have a brush guard with some very bright KC lights that I am transferring from my last Vehicross which was stolen and totalled. Can you tell me what I need to get both the headlight wiring and the KC lights up and running? I may at some time add a light bar. That would be a project for later down the road. I just want to keep it in mind in case there is an opportunity for this project to be ahead of the game in the next.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I don't have any "products" -- the site I linked you to is not mine.