Miboxer        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SkyRC MC3000 charger CHEAT SHEET

Default SkyRC MC3000 charger CHEAT SHEET

For clarity I started this new thread to publish my SkyRC MC3000 charger CHEAT SHEET

Revision history:
    2017-01-15: First English version - revision 2017-01-15
    2017-07-09: German version release (Thanks to Kreisl)
    2017-07-09: English version minor edit (Thanks to Kreisl)
    2017-08-01: Spanish version release (Made by Kreisl and UPz)
    2017-08-01c: Spanish version minor edit (Made by Kreisl and UPz)

DOWNLOAD
    - English version revision 2017-07-09
    - German version revision 2017-07-09
    - Spanish version revision 2017-08-01c
    Last edited by WWJD; 08-01-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Default Re: SkyRC MC3000 charger CHEAT SHEET

Very useful, thank you!
    Mag: 4D LED, Fenix: LD20, TK35, TK70, 47s: Preon 2, Quark Mini AA, ReVO SS, ZL SC600Fd Mk III+, SC5Fd Hi CRI, Sunwayman D40A, Nitecore EC4S, TIP 360, Klarus XT12GT, Lumintop Cu Tool, Ti Tool; UTorch UT01, UT02
    Maha: MH-C808M, MH-C9000, iCharger 206B, SkyRC MC3000, XTAR VP2, Litokala Lii 100

This is fantastic stuff, thanks for your support!!

Next time sky prints a new batch of mc3k manuals, would you be cool with letting them include your original cheat sheet in the printed manual (IM1.13* pdf = IM1.13 pdf w/ cheat sheet pdf) ?

If you're cool, you'll agree

Enlightened

Excellent, you do a great job. Very professional!

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    This is fantastic stuff, thanks for your support!!

Next time sky prints a new batch of mc3k manuals, would you be cool with letting them include your original cheat sheet in the printed manual (IM1.13* pdf = IM1.13 pdf w/ cheat sheet pdf) ?

If you're cool, you'll agree
    LOL! Yes of course I agree, everything I do is open source stuff, but first I have to give the sheet a more professional look.
    In the coming week I will complete it I think...

The date on the sheet will show the progress.

Thanks all for your positive comments!
    Last edited by WWJD; 01-06-2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typo...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
    For clarity I started this new thread to publish my SkyRC MC3000 charger CHEAT SHEET

Also this is a work in progress but useful in this stage I think, at least for me

Please report errors!
    Thank you for sharing the outcome of your efforts. Clarity is somewhat missing when it comes to using the MC3000 so your work is very useful.

Just one teenie suggestion. Where you have the # hash and a black, red, or green square indicating slot number button, empty or populated and idle or operational, the square symbol, especially in black makes me intuitively think you're referring to the stop button. In the case of the # then black square in particular. I wonder if it would be more intuitive to indicate the slot number buttons with a # then a filled in circle, in black/green/red?

Anyway, just one little suggestion. Otherwise, looking good so far. Thanks for your efforts!
    Mag: 4D LED, Fenix: LD20, TK35, TK70, 47s: Preon 2, Quark Mini AA, ReVO SS, ZL SC600Fd Mk III+, SC5Fd Hi CRI, Sunwayman D40A, Nitecore EC4S, TIP 360, Klarus XT12GT, Lumintop Cu Tool, Ti Tool; UTorch UT01, UT02
    Maha: MH-C808M, MH-C9000, iCharger 206B, SkyRC MC3000, XTAR VP2, Litokala Lii 100

@Bucur: thanks!

@samgab
    Thanks for your useful suggestion! I will change the icons and add some more stuff:

- list of abbreviations
    - list of icons and meaning
    - a few more options are missing

I want to fit all this on max. 2 A4 pages so you can print it double sided.

Great work WWJD and great idea. Thanks.

@Bucur: thanks!

@samgab
    Thanks for your useful suggestion! I will change the icons and add some more stuff:

- list of abbreviations
    - list of icons and meaning
    - a few more options are missing

I want to fit all this on max. 2 A4 pages so you can print it double sided.
    EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2;

The Cheat Sheet is FINISHED!
    I think...

I'm very pleased with the result. Go and get it! (follow link on the OP)

I think...
    Thanks a million for the share, i am very pleased too!!

I have printed it out and am copy-editing it. Will post here too!

It will look great laminated with the pages back to back.

John.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

(deleted)
    Last edited by kreisl; 01-08-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Great work, much appreciated thanks
    Just one suggestion, I think it should be written it is for Firmware 1.13
    The earlier versions are a little different, and future ones might also be.

EDIT

Never mind.
    I see you have written a revision date in the upper right corner, that is also fine.
    The important thing to know is whether some have an old or new edition of your Cheat Sheet if you update it sometime in the future. The revision date is probably better for this.
    Last edited by Viking; 01-08-2017 at 11:59 AM.

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Great work, much appreciated thanks
    Just one suggestion, I think it should be written it is for Firmware 1.13
    The earlier versions are a little different, and future ones might also be.

EDIT

Never mind.
    I see you have written a revision date in the upper right corner, that is also fine.
    The important thing to know is whether some have an old or new edition of your Cheat Sheet if you update it sometime in the future. The revision date is probably better for this.
    Well I think it's a good suggestion, I will add the firmware version! I thought about it but forgot so thanks for reminding me!

BTW: An improved version of the sheet is in the making...
    Last edited by WWJD; 01-10-2017 at 02:13 AM.

BTW: An improved version of the sheet is in the making...
    (k#78) during the UP/DOWN-selection of a program number in SPV for a ready slot, long-pressing the SNB of that slot should save the selected program to the slot, start the slot and return to TOV (CONFIRMED, FIXED, TESTED)
    Interesting. WWJD made an observation regarding the long-pressing of SNB in SPV.
    k#78 has been documented, see above. it concerns long-pressing of SNB when the user selects the program number.
    apparently sky also added an undocumented feature: long-pressing of SNB when the user edits the program settings. this will temporarily assign the changes to the slot, exit SPV and START the slot. when the slot has finished and been stopped, those changes are gone, the slots are reset. The main function of long-pressing the SNB in SPV is the STARTING of the slot: while k#78 made sure that the changes are actually saved to the program number (device memory), in the 'SPV options edit mode' the changes are active only for the current program run, and not saved to the program number, which constitutes an imo interesting variation of the meaning of long-pressing the SNB in SPV.

Since this variation is neither documented in the Design Spec nor the manual nor de list, one cannot call it a bug. Since i like it, i am calling it a feature

The final cheat sheet version (CS1.13) mentions this observation in detail, and the end consumer could make profitable use of it when creating temporary yet similar programs on purpose, while leaving the original program intact/untouched.
    18650 Example:
    i have a pile of 3500mAh batteries and my favorite program for them be [14] CHARGE 1.75A, retrievable thru <UP + SNB#4>.
    yet today i want to charge only 3 of them plus 1 smaller one say 2200mAh in the fourth slot.
    so i press <UP + SNB#4> first,
    then edit [14] in slot#4 by reducing the charge rate to 1.10A (clicking <ENTER> to confirm the blinking selected "1.10A" is mandatory in FW1.13!),
    and finally long-press SNB#4.
    Slot#4 would start charging with 1.1A, and back in TOV a click on <ENTER> would start the other 3 slots with the original 1.75A charge rate. Once slot#4 has finished and been stopped, one can see that its [14] has been reset to show the original 1.75A in SPV.

It is such a small fine (and nice) detail that it has no place in the instruction manual (yet), the IM must provide leeway for such instances, undocumented features. Erik's CS1.13 perfectly covers the observation under "Advanced Option 2.", well done thanks! At some point i should list it in de list, np.

At last, with a lot of help from KREISL , the final version of the Cheat Sheet is ready!
    In the event of a new firmware version, I will update the sheet...

Download via the link in the opening post...

the final version of the Cheat Sheet is ready!
    hehe.

the pdf has got today its very final brush (CRC32:12D3C033), dear downloaders please recheck the file from yesterday's post

I took a single blank A4 sheet and printed the 2 pdf pages in A5 format, so that they would fit together on the front side of the A4 sheet. clever enough, i made the centerfold to be the top of each A5 page. of course, one could print an A5 sheet (or an A4 sheet) double-sided but i don't have a laminator:

a picture is worth a thousand words, so HERE WeGo:

If you're wondering, the flashlight in the pic is the Thunder Grey stainless steel S1A olight!!
    Size comparison, my cheat sheet printout has the same size as the retail packaged printed manual, perfect:

Thanks so much @WWJD for this fabulous PDF file contribution, i love it ymmd!

Hopefully many mc3k users will find it useful too!!!

Last edited by kreisl; 02-06-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Thank you very much for this useful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    Thank you very much for this useful tool.
    You're welcome! Enjoy the MC3000

Flashaholic*

Thanks for putting this together, this convinced me to order the mc3000! I now feel confident that I will actually benefit from all of the possibilities that this charger has to offer.
    SD26vn, T6vn, U21vn#2, TN30vn35#2, K40Lvn, K40Mvn, U21vn#1, MK35vn, TN30vn50, X7vn, X45vn, EC50vn, EC60vn, D25Cvn, ToolvnCu, EC60vn, SC63w, T21vn, U11vn, TX25Cvn, S200C2vn & C22Cvn. Charger: SkyRC, MiBoxer C2-3000

Quote Originally Posted by brighterthanthesun View Post
    Thanks for putting this together, this convinced me to order the mc3000! I now feel confident that I will actually benefit from all of the possibilities that this charger has to offer.
    Thank you very much for your reaction... Great to hear and enjoy your MC3000! Be sure to upgrade the firmware to 1.13

I hope you will find -just like me- reading the manual will become easier if you spent some time with the mc3000, trying out the different options.
    Don't get put off by the (at first glance) annoying abbreviations in the manual, they will become clear after a while... The MC3000 is surprisingly easy to manage for such a advanced charger!
    Last edited by WWJD; 03-27-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Flashaholic

I want to offer my thanks for the cheat sheet also! I got the MC3000 last week but only read through the manual yesterday. My next step was to get the charger out of the box and start trying to use it. The cheat sheet will help immensely.
    Last edited by HighLight; 04-14-2017 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo

Flashaholic

I want to offer my thanks for the cheat sheet also! I got the MC3000 last week but only read through the manual yesterday. My next step was to get the charger out of the box ans start trying to use it. The cheat sheet will help immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by HighLight View Post
    I want to offer my thanks for the cheat sheet also! I got the MC3000 last week but only read through the manual yesterday. My next step was to get the charger out of the box ans start trying to use it. The cheat sheet will help immensely.
    Thank you HighLight from beautiful Canada, you're very welcome. I hope and expect you will enjoy the charger!

Thank you very much for this! Very helpful and easy to follow!
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Very nice work! I just got my SkyRC and this is much quicker/easier than going to the book.
    Billy

@BVH and Billy Ram: thanks! you're welcome... I found reading the manual will become much easier after some time exploring the MC3000. Have fun!

Thanks a lot WWJD, do you mind if I translate it into french ? And maybe we could post it hère ?
    Great job, indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast