SkyRC MC3000 charger CHEAT SHEET

WWJD

Newly Enlightened
For clarity I started this new thread to publish my SkyRC MC3000 charger CHEAT SHEET

Revision history:
2017-01-15: First English version - revision 2017-01-15
2017-07-09: German version release (Thanks to Kreisl)
2017-07-09: English version minor edit (Thanks to Kreisl)
2017-08-01: Spanish version release (Made by Kreisl and UPz)
2017-08-01c: Spanish version minor edit (Made by Kreisl and UPz)

DOWNLOAD
- English version revision 2017-07-09
- German version revision 2017-07-09
- Spanish version revision 2017-08-01c

MAKE YOUR OWN TRANSLATION!

Everything I do is Open Source so everybody can make use of my work.
I will provide here the MacOS Pages document of the English version of the Cheat sheet.

DOWNLOAD Pages format,
English version 2017-07-09

If you do not have a Mac, you can do edit the file online:
Go to https://www.icloud.com and make a free Apple ID account. You can then select to the Pages program and upload the document

if you do want to make your own translation to be posted in the list above, please keep the format
and only translate... I would appreciate you sent me the finished PDF file so I can post it in the list above.

Do you an head/eye illness, I CANNOT CHECK the result so please check your work before sending it to be posted here.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is fantastic stuff, thanks for your support!!
qq0038auww.gif

Next time sky prints a new batch of mc3k manuals, would you be cool with letting them include your original cheat sheet in the printed manual (IM1.13* pdf = IM1.13 pdf w/ cheat sheet pdf) ?

If you're cool, you'll agree :D

WWJD

Newly Enlightened
This is fantastic stuff, thanks for your support!!
qq0038auww.gif

Next time sky prints a new batch of mc3k manuals, would you be cool with letting them include your original cheat sheet in the printed manual (IM1.13* pdf = IM1.13 pdf w/ cheat sheet pdf) ?

If you're cool, you'll agree :D

LOL! Yes of course I agree, everything I do is open source stuff, but first I have to give the sheet a more professional look.
In the coming week I will complete it I think...

The date on the sheet will show the progress.

Thanks all for your positive comments!

Last edited:

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just one teenie suggestion. Where you have the # hash and a black, red, or green square indicating slot number button, empty or populated and idle or operational, the square symbol, especially in black makes me intuitively think you're referring to the stop button. In the case of the # then black square in particular. I wonder if it would be more intuitive to indicate the slot number buttons with a # then a filled in circle, in black/green/red?

Anyway, just one little suggestion. Otherwise, looking good so far. Thanks for your efforts!

WWJD

Newly Enlightened
@Bucur: thanks! :)

@samgab
Thanks for your useful suggestion! I will change the icons and add some more stuff:

- list of abbreviations
- list of icons and meaning
- a few more options are missing

I want to fit all this on max. 2 A4 pages so you can print it double sided.

Great work WWJD and great idea. Thanks.

@Bucur: thanks! :)

@samgab
Thanks for your useful suggestion! I will change the icons and add some more stuff:

- list of abbreviations
- list of icons and meaning
- a few more options are missing

I want to fit all this on max. 2 A4 pages so you can print it double sided.

WWJD

Newly Enlightened
The Cheat Sheet is FINISHED! :)
I think...

I'm very pleased with the result. Go and get it! (follow link on the OP)

Viking

Enlightened
Great work, much appreciated thanks :thumbsup:
Just one suggestion, I think it should be written it is for Firmware 1.13
The earlier versions are a little different, and future ones might also be.

EDIT

Never mind.
I see you have written a revision date in the upper right corner, that is also fine.
The important thing to know is whether some have an old or new edition of your Cheat Sheet if you update it sometime in the future. The revision date is probably better for this.

Last edited:

WWJD

Newly Enlightened
Great work, much appreciated thanks :thumbsup:
Just one suggestion, I think it should be written it is for Firmware 1.13
The earlier versions are a little different, and future ones might also be.

EDIT

Never mind.
I see you have written a revision date in the upper right corner, that is also fine.
The important thing to know is whether some have an old or new edition of your Cheat Sheet if you update it sometime in the future. The revision date is probably better for this.

Well I think it's a good suggestion, I will add the firmware version! I thought about it but forgot so thanks for reminding me!

BTW: An improved version of the sheet is in the making...

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW: An improved version of the sheet is in the making...
(k#78) during the UP/DOWN-selection of a program number in SPV for a ready slot, long-pressing the SNB of that slot should save the selected program to the slot, start the slot and return to TOV (CONFIRMED, FIXED, TESTED)
Interesting. WWJD made an observation regarding the long-pressing of SNB in SPV.
k#78 has been documented, see above. it concerns long-pressing of SNB when the user selects the program number.
apparently sky also added an undocumented feature: long-pressing of SNB when the user edits the program settings. this will temporarily assign the changes to the slot, exit SPV and START the slot. when the slot has finished and been stopped, those changes are gone, the slots are reset. The main function of long-pressing the SNB in SPV is the STARTING of the slot: while k#78 made sure that the changes are actually saved to the program number (device memory), in the 'SPV options edit mode' the changes are active only for the current program run, and not saved to the program number, which constitutes an imo interesting variation of the meaning of long-pressing the SNB in SPV.

Since this variation is neither documented in the Design Spec nor the manual nor de list, one cannot call it a bug. Since i like it, i am calling it a feature :thumbsup:

The final cheat sheet version (CS1.13) mentions this observation in detail, and the end consumer could make profitable use of it when creating temporary yet similar programs on purpose, while leaving the original program intact/untouched.
18650 Example:
i have a pile of 3500mAh batteries and my favorite program for them be [14] CHARGE 1.75A, retrievable thru <UP + SNB#4>.
yet today i want to charge only 3 of them plus 1 smaller one say 2200mAh in the fourth slot.
so i press <UP + SNB#4> first,
then edit [14] in slot#4 by reducing the charge rate to 1.10A (clicking <ENTER> to confirm the blinking selected "1.10A" is mandatory in FW1.13!),
and finally long-press SNB#4.​
Slot#4 would start charging with 1.1A, and back in TOV a click on <ENTER> would start the other 3 slots with the original 1.75A charge rate. Once slot#4 has finished and been stopped, one can see that its [14] has been reset to show the original 1.75A in SPV.

It is such a small fine (and nice) detail that it has no place in the instruction manual (yet), the IM must provide leeway for such instances, undocumented features. Erik's CS1.13 perfectly covers the observation under "Advanced Option 2.", well done thanks! At some point i should list it in de list, np.

:clap:

WWJD

Newly Enlightened
At last, with a lot of help from KREISL :twothumbs, the final version of the Cheat Sheet is ready!
In the event of a new firmware version, I will update the sheet...

Download via the link in the opening post...

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the final version of the Cheat Sheet is ready!

hehe.

the pdf has got today its very final brush (CRC32:12D3C033), dear downloaders please recheck the file from yesterday's post :twothumbs

I took a single blank A4 sheet and printed the 2 pdf pages in A5 format, so that they would fit together on the front side of the A4 sheet. clever enough, i made the centerfold to be the top of each A5 page. of course, one could print an A5 sheet (or an A4 sheet) double-sided but i don't have a laminator:

del14uloa.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words, so HERE WeGo:

del30xxm6.jpg

If you're wondering, the flashlight in the pic is the Thunder Grey stainless steel S1A olight!! :kiss:
Size comparison, my cheat sheet printout has the same size as the retail packaged printed manual, perfect:

manualandcheatsheetbubyp.jpg

Thanks so much @WWJD for this fabulous PDF file contribution, i love it ymmd!

Hopefully many mc3k users will find it useful too!!!

lovecpf

Last edited: