3AA mini mag how to remove LED module?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Note THREE AA. Do they make this anymore? Had corroded batteries & wanted to remove the LED module before soaking. Tried pulling from front, and the black sleeve came off. But it won't come out the front, & gets stuck a couple inches backwards, which seems odd. And the LED came off -- no solder !!! just some yellowish stuff, mostly beneath it (heat conductive paste all dried out ???) and two metal "ears."

If I get this out, any drop-ins to improve it? Maybe there is space for 2x 14440s?

There should be a sticky with the contact information for battery makers when we want to make a claim. Phone for Duracell anyone?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
This damn thing is still lying around. Went to soak it in baking soda & wife is out of it.
Still can't get the black plastic LED holder out of the tube. won't fall out either end. What's up with that?

Links to P60 modules that will work with the 3 cell voltage?

light-modder

Enlightened
The led module is bell shaped, it's not gonna come out the front. Duracell may be helpful.
You mentioned 14440s, keep in mind 14500s are the same size as AAs.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Try this
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/1642
Yours being a 3 cell is even better. 3 NIMHs are the same voltage as a single lithium ion cell
I don't think Duracell will help you. Alkaline cells just leak. Why I don't use them

Their link to suitable drop-in modules is dead.
Anyway, want an up to date module.
Is there a size & fit spec other than P1 (?) that I need to look for? 3 cells would be 4.5 v for AA or a bit more for 14440?
Maybe need a different reflector, glass lens... etc?
Would be fun to have a green LED with lots of lumens.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Oh, I guess I need a tail switch to make a P60 module work since its not designed for front-twist operation like the Mag ?

light-modder

Enlightened
Not necessarily, I used a diy led p60 drop in in a mini mag. It worked great. Reflectorless xhp50, literally lit up a whole room.