Viking......predator v3 quick question

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Just set my Viking pro into tactical mode....tight full turbo, 1/8th loose strobe. Can anyone tell me is there a lag when you go from one mode to the other. When I switch from one to the other there's nearly a two second twisting.....never owned a twist flashlight before so wasn't sure about the lag. Seems quite long lag even though it's only one and half second ish.
Thanks

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Just set my Viking pro into tactical mode....tight full turbo, 1/8th loose strobe. Can anyone tell me is there a lag when you go from one mode to the other. When I switch from one to the other there's nearly a two second twisting.....never owned a twist flashlight before so wasn't sure about the lag. Seems quite long lag even though it's only one and half second ish.
Thanks

Never set my Viking Pro into tactical mode but will when I get home to see what's up. If I don't respond to this thread PM me tomorrow.

Woods Walker

Tactical settings – made for Special forces and Airsoft. Constantlight (when the head is tightened up) and Strobe mode (when thehead is unscrewed to 1/8). There are 2 Strobe modes and 2Constant light modes for selection. Remote switch can be used inANY mode.

I got a chuckle out of that. Never used it as not in the Special forces and stopped playing with toy guns a long time ago. Ok the answer is yes. There is a delay. Seemed more like one second than 2 but seconds are sometimes within the eye of the beholder.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Thanks Woods Walker, the delay on mine is touching two seconds, no big deal really it just seems longer than expected considering when in hunting mode when twisted it changes instantly from turbo to the strobe that's added itself the the five over options.

Ive only really been using the tactical due to the hunting mode playing up.....however when I put it back into hunting mode last night it seemed fine apart from the strobe adding itself again....no flickering or modes that were not as bright as they should be as before.

Just little niggles really, but after just having three tiaras a1's that all had faults from flickering to turning themselves off its made me a little wary, which is a shame as my older wizard and prime C2 have worked fine.

Woods Walker

Felt bad for you as find it frustrating when I got a question and never get a response. So needed to do something about it. LOL! The delay could be 1 or 2 seconds. I find smaller time frames difficult to measure. Can't press a timer soon enough so then it becomes a matter of human perception which IMHO is actually more important than reality. If I think it's 1 second and you think it's closer to 2 then to you it's closer to two. Doesn't even matter if we were both factually wrong in a pure scientific measure.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Your totally right and thank you for your response. Let's face it the strobe hopefully isn't going to get used. I haven't had the chance to get out in the woods yet so looking forward to giving the Viking a good try out. I really like the viking, it was bought to replace my Fenix tk41 which I find too big to be carry when walking. I also considered the convoy c8 which allows you to pick from several tints and led types, but at the moment I'm happy with the Viking warm tint and beam profile, although yet to see what it will be like in the woods.
Thank
Wuyang