Panasonic Cordless - Use Rerechargeable Batteries Error KX-series

dlong

Newly Enlightened
Here is an old thread (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...NiMH-batteries-not-working-in-cordless-phone&) that does not exactly describe my particular problem... but I did search... :)

So our family have been using these Panasonic Cordless KX-series phones for about 3+ years and the current batteries refuse to charge on the phone charger (the batteries charge fine in a standalone charger, like my LaCrosse). The original batteries are either 500-600 mAh (depending on model). Currently the 500 mAh is between 320-250 mAh when I ran a test with the LaCrosse. When I place them on the phone charger, they throw an error, "use rechargeable batteries".

The problem is, I've put in new Enloopes, old Enloopes, Duracells Re-badged Enloopes, and other various non-LSD (Energizer, Duracell, etc.) pairs of AAA batteries and they all throw the same error ("use rechargeable batteries"). I have also tried these same batteries in three different states, fully charged, partial discharged and fully discharged (~1 volt). A couple of additional points:

1) I have 3 handsets, all display the same problem.
2) Even when the batteries are fully charged, once inserted into the phone, it only shows 1 out of 3 bars.
3) A single battery never works, so I do not think the terminals are an issue (one contact, one no-contact).

Help!?!?!?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got this one with 2xAAA Panasonic 400mAh Chinese made NiMH batteries.

I'm told to get the Eneloop Lites, which are 550mAh and easier to charge up with the smaller currents we find in these phones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252389973356?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Mine still hold a charge after a few years, but I did try and do a discharge on them and put my standard Eneloop AAAs into the phones and the display was a bit dwanky and the charger really didn't work too well with them in it, for some odd reason.

It was weird, I remember.

Chris

dlong

Newly Enlightened
Mine still hold a charge after a few years, but I did try and do a discharge on them and put my standard Eneloop AAAs into the phones and the display was a bit dwanky and the charger really didn't work too well with them in it, for some odd reason.

It was weird, I remember.Chris

I have had this too... the display would either be dim, messed up, and/or flash/flicker. It is very odd, almost as if it wasn't getting enough energy. Have you used the Eneloop lites in the phones? And do they work?