how long can you run your flash lights on full beam

necromunger

Newly Enlightened
ie how good is the heat sink for the led you have and how long it will last b4 the driver turns it off.

harro

Enlightened
True, something like my DDR30GT Jetbeam ( 3,680 lumens ) will start to ramp down after only a couple of minutes on turbo, from the heat produced from its X-HP70. But an older, large light like my WolfEyes Pilot Whale doesnt step down at all from heat from its 6 segment Osram led. Both because of the massive area of heatsinking from the body of the torch, and the fact that it only makes 1,000 lumens at best, plus the older tech involved.
There are a lot more factors involved in this area than first meets the eye, and also others far more qualified to talk about it than me.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q. How long can I run my P60vn quad XHP35 16 volt, 4*18350 body, on full beam, before it gets too hot?

A. About four thousand milliseconds. :)

I like to edc large, powerful lights.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as high powered lights... my U21vn and RC40vnF can both run on turbo for more than 10 minutes before becoming to hot. One the flip side... my RC40vnF will last maybe one minute and that's pushing it. lol

necromunger

Newly Enlightened
well looks like ill have to up the heat sink as i need to run it for as long as my bike battery lasts as it is a light for my bike tho should get better cooling going at 30mph ill just have to test it and see how much currant i can get b4 it gets to hot.