Klarus        

Thread: I need a little Oveready advice.

Default I need a little Oveready advice.

I need a little Oveready advice.
    I have Brian Fellhoelter p60 dropin that is not quite working with my Oveready host. The host is Z44 bezel, TL20 adapter, TL34 body and triad tailcap with McClicky. The BF dropin works fine in my acrylic host and my Torchlab v4 works fine in the other host so not a huge deal. Is there any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I was thinking of making some copper spacer that would contact the drop in and the TL20 body. I am guessing the BF dropin is not making contact at the base of the TL20.

Default Re: I need a little Oveready advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretsch308 View Post
    I need a little Oveready advice.
    I have Brian Fellhoelter p60 dropin that is not quite working with my Oveready host. The host is Z44 bezel, TL20 adapter, TL34 body and triad tailcap with McClicky. The BF dropin works fine in my acrylic host and my Torchlab v4 works fine in the other host so not a huge deal. Is there any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I was thinking of making some copper spacer that would contact the drop in and the TL20 body. I am guessing the BF dropin is not making contact at the base of the TL20.
    I had this issue with a similar drop in. The negative side of the circuit on the drop in is not making good contact with the body of the host. You can wrap foil or something around the head to help with the issue, but you need to take extra care to not cross the positive and negative terminals on the drop in.

Quote Originally Posted by boafish View Post
    I had this issue with a similar drop in. The negative side of the circuit on the drop in is not making good contact with the body of the host. You can wrap foil or something around the head to help with the issue, but you need to take extra care to not cross the positive and negative terminals on the drop in.
    Where are the terminals? I assume the spring is one of them?

The spring is the +ve and the body of the drop in is -ve. The bodies tend to be copper or brass.
    You can use foil or copper tape around the body of the drop in to contact better with the body of the host. Maybe search on here for P60 foil / copper tape. Some drop ins come with a large spring that fits around the base and inside the tube.
    P

Oveready has a specific washer to resolve this matter. I'm using one with my v5 dropin and the LU60 adapter. Works great 🏻

Here's a link...

http://www.oveready.com/hardware/ber.../prod_295.html

Quote Originally Posted by U2v5 View Post
    Oveready has a specific washer to resolve this matter. I'm using one with my v5 dropin and the LU60 adapter. Works great

Here's a link...

http://www.oveready.com/hardware/ber.../prod_295.html
    Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    The spring is the +ve and the body of the drop in is -ve. The bodies tend to be copper or brass.
    You can use foil or copper tape around the body of the drop in to contact better with the body of the host. Maybe search on here for P60 foil / copper tape. Some drop ins come with a large spring that fits around the base and inside the tube.
    P

Thank you both!!!

+1 above.

It looks like the negative contact is both not the sink and smaller OD than the outside itself, creating a pretty small area:

But just in case with the host, try tightening the P60 basket to the bezel before tightening them to the battery tube.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 01-11-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com