How fast is your LTE?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
LOPm1Tb.jpg

I think we get something like 2Gb/mo which we've gone over many times. What's insane is how well it all works together though; the last multi-hour road trip we had in the car, both of my kids had their Kindles tethered to my phone, which was also Bluetooth streaming Spotify music to the car, which was also running Waze/GPS and giving us directions - that all went on for a few hours without anything skipping or missing a beat. These modern phones are so powerful..

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOPm1Tb.jpg

I think we get something like 2Gb/mo which we've gone over many times. What's insane is how well it all works together though; the last multi-hour road trip we had in the car, both of my kids had their Kindles tethered to my phone, which was also Bluetooth streaming Spotify music to the car, which was also running Waze/GPS and giving us directions - that all went on for a few hours without anything skipping or missing a beat. These modern phones are so powerful..

Thankfully, so is modern WiFi. I remember back when we had 1.5 mb download and 0.5 upload...I don't know what I would do without the current speeds!ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1484073089.246319.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
Cool thread! I use SpeedSmart app now and then. Never tried it without wifi...won't work when I switch to LTE for some reason???

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Dang...1TB. We only get 300gb with Xfinity. How fast is the AT&T wifi, do you have U-verse?

It's U-Verse but not the fastest package; the wi-fi has a 5G connection that cruises comfortably at 50Mbps, and we don't do torrenting so I can't see a need to spend beyond that. The main living room TV Roku box is connected via ethernet cable, all other wirelessly connected devices stream Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Video identically.

nbp

Flashaholic
Tested LTE speed in a few locations near my house to see what I got. iPhone 7 on Verizon. Max I got today was 59mbps, at home I'm getting 5-7 mbps.

markr6

Flashaholic
Got it to work finally. 36/15 - kinda weak but I never seem to have problems. I don't push it too hard since I try not to go over my allowance. Anything is better than when I'm way out in the woods backpacking, where I'm lucky to get the 1x, which takes about 5 minutes to download a 200kb radar image, if I'm lucky and hold the phone just right.