Nitecore Pouch/Holster Question

Blackbeard

Enlightened
So I just got a Nitecore MH10, which is in perfect condtion, with well centered emitter. After playing with it for a day, I go to take the pouch out of the box, and see some shoddy QC/workmanship on the velcro which is missing some stitches, and is lose near where you insert light:

31432702094_ee2b70a39b_z.jpg

31432702084_ee97b23b38_z.jpg

As you can see its not near the velcro side on the flap, so it doesnt get pulled on. So what would you guys do:
A) Live with it as is
B) Try to sew it yourself or hot glue gun it.
C) Request a replacement & just swap pouches with the new light since original light is perfect
D) Replace the whole kit

ncgrass

Enlightened
My vote goes for option B).

I've always wanted to have a go at crafting holsters from leather or kydex and that sorta thing. Why not have a go at fixing it up yourself or removing the velcro and adding a clasp or modifying the flap to your liking. Cost you a few bucks and you might get a sweet, customised holster for yourself.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sort of depends on where you got it?
If from a dealer that cares they might just send you another one.
If you have a needle and thread it looks like a 5 minute deal if pacing yourself.
Why replace the whole kit but again depends on where it is from.

Blackbeard

Enlightened
its from amazon, I think I will go the needle and thread route instead of going through trouble of ordering another then driving the box to ups store.

Just wish nitecore had better quality control on the accesories

Blackbeard

Enlightened
I'm halfway through the repair, now I know why they created thimbles! wish I had one, this is some thick material, using a leatherman needlenose to push needle/thread from inside holster, its kinda an awkward spot for hand sewing, but should come out ok

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that is what thimbles are for, sewing. Also of use, infinitum glue (or some otherwise similarly named wonderous CA derivative glue) can weld it together fairly well, just be careful to avoid using bare skin while applying.

Blackbeard

Enlightened
well duh, I meant for this thick nylon and plastic backing. I have sewn my clothes before and never needed a thimble, but it would have been nice to have for this. Had to use the Leatherman pliers either way, was tough getting the needle that deep inside the pouch, but the repair came out pretty good.

ncgrass

Enlightened
So how'd it end up? Worth the effort? Do you feel accomplished? Coz if you don't, I probably won't bother with that sort of malarkey in the future haha