Philips Extreme Vision 9003/H-4..Save Yer Money

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Had a head light bulb out on SWMBO's 1999 Miata 10th Anniversary Edition. Heard about these on here. Swapped out the old one, and compared it to the other headlight. No appreciable difference. Finished the swap, so there is a new set in front. Save your money, you can get a quality H4 for less.

To be fair, the car has a Eastern Beaver relay setup, which is not OEM so a purist can look under the hood and see the mods, but trying to keep the system legal.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Actually, the Philips Xtreme Vision is the best H4 on the market, and its margin of performance over a standard H4 is quite large. There's a good reason why objective data (also here) is used to make these determinations; it's the same reason why "Ayup, I looked at 'em in the driveway and you should totally save yer money because they aren't better" doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
I find myself wondering what the Xtreme Vision was being compared with. A few years back, just before Xtreme Vision came out, I put Xtreme Power bulbs in my bike, and I could perceive a difference over the factory bulbs.