Newbie waiting and wondering

Nitelite78

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here waiting on my first "proper" flashlight to arrive and wondering if made the right decision! I have a Nitecore p12gt on its way with a 3400mah battery and a Xtar VC2 charger. It will be used for all my outdoor adventures from camping trips to hunting/fishing trips and I was entertaining the idea of EDCing it for work also. Now I'm thinking of maybe something a bit more compact like a Klarus Mi7...oh boy I think my newest addiction has begun!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an all-around flashlight, I think the P12GT was a good choice. It is small enough that it should EDC on your belt without any problems. One thing, the mantra around here is "Two is One, and One is None!", meaning that if you only have a single light along and something goes wrong, you are cast into the outer darkness. On the other hand, if you have a light like the P12GT as your primary light, your backup light could be an EC11 which would use the CR123 cells that bykfixer recommended for emergency uses. You could also add something like the Tube or TIP for a keychain/zipper pull setup for when just a little light would be enough. When away from home, you can never have too many lights along (although the back packers amongst us would disagree, but they are weird anyway).

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing wrong with your selection. You have to buy and learn. Sell whatever doesn't work. Plus it makes a great excuse to buy more. :)

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newbie here waiting on my first "proper" flashlight to arrive and wondering if made the right decision! I have a Nitecore p12gt on its way with a 3400mah battery and a Xtar VC2 charger. It will be used for all my outdoor adventures from camping trips to hunting/fishing trips and I was entertaining the idea of EDCing it for work also. Now I'm thinking of maybe something a bit more compact like a Klarus Mi7...oh boy I think my newest addiction has begun!

Welcome to the jungle... :rock:

Nitelite78

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. Guess I made an ok choice to get my feet wet...and thanks for the recommendation, I'm looking into the ea/ec11 models.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
P12GT is a great choice. As is the VC2. The EA and EC11 devour even my stout AW cells...at least my copies of the lights do. You want a real step up then the Zebralight SC600 MkIII HI will blow your mind. One of the most admired lights across the forums..

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
Yeah you made a good choice, you'll be happy with the P12GT. +1 on the "Two is one and one is none". When I find a light I really like, I always buy at least two, in case something happens to one of them. Flashlights is quite an addiction, but a fun hobby, technology has been advancing so quickly, and there is so much diversity in today's lights.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Yeah man, this is a fun, harmless hobby. And once you get a few good ones for yourself, then start giving lights to everyone you know. My favorite gift is something like the iTP EOS running on one AAA. I've had people remember me YEARS later because I gave them a flashlight!!!!!!

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
I would say the Nightcore p12gt is a great choice. And again on the 2 is 1.. I carry two lights on my body every day. Even if someone asks to borrow a light for a second you've still got one ;)

Blackbeard

Enlightened
Yeah man, this is a fun, harmless hobby. And once you get a few good ones for yourself, then start giving lights to everyone you know. My favorite gift is something like the iTP EOS running on one AAA. I've had people remember me YEARS later because I gave them a flashlight!!!!!!

Tell my wallet that

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
People already laugh at me! But seriously though if I found the right 14500 light with a slim head.. that would be my third. Thought about the jet beam mk I.
Perfect. I always have a headlamp on walking my dog with a thrower and flooder with me also. Great stuff.