Olight S10R Baton III - Review

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
I finished my review of the Baton which is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_nPjCJdODg&t=4s

I quite like the torch though I think I slightly prefer the S1R not really for the extra power on turbo (both are quite bright enough for their size) the bean pattern is more diffused on the S1R which might work better for a pocket/work light. If you do want a bit more range though it might be a decent option over the S1R. It's also a little cheaper in price. The battery on the Baton III can't hit the top settings on the S1R the protection kicks in though it does work. Bit more actual capacity than the S1R RCR123A cell I measured it above spec.

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I'm open to suggestions to improve videos. At the moment I don't have a way to measure the power output but I am testing the cells for capacity. Mindful that not everyone wants a super technical review so trying to balance it with real world beam shots and close ups of the lights.

proceed5

Enlightened
Mate Mr. Baz,
Good video review , keep it up.

I actually preferred the S10R-III for the more balance beam pattern and hotspot and for outdoor usage the reflector system is nicer (IMO) than the TIR optics of the S1R.
I have also been using the S1R battery with the S10R-III

Last edited:

Wallace L

Newly Enlightened
Thanks proceed5 for your reply - Mate and now G'day in the thread - you wouldn't be an Ocker too by any chance would you...?

I have tried another torch ( same model ) and it has a fairly faint - is it halo ?- at the centre....mmm.

Last edited:

proceed5

Enlightened
Thanks proceed5 for your reply - Mate and now G'day in the thread - you wouldn't be an Ocker too by any chance would you...?

I have tried another torch ( same model ) and it has a fairly faint - is it halo ?- at the centre....mmm.

Haha, not NSW.

Back to the S10R-III, mine's fine with a nice center spot without that slight halo yellow in the middle. But I bet in outdoor use, you won't notice it.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Hi - Has anyone ( else ) noticed a small dark spot in the middle of the beam on their S10R Baton III ?
yup! imperfection in the beam profile compare to others. as long as you are not white wall hunting it should be fine. it reminds me of the good'ol day of using the the incandescent Maglite... :naughty:

Wallace L

Newly Enlightened
Am planning to (re)gift mine...hoping Olmate isn't as discerning as I :grin2:.Its not really that bad I guess. It was however to replace my most treasured Jetbeam as my E.D.C. it falls short of the mark with that.Thanks for peeps input - it helped me decide if I should pay the return shipping,chance another dud etc etc.