Bought an astrolux s1 wanna ask u battery question!

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
There I just receive my light without battery ,I ordered some keeppower IMR 18350 from banggood but will take a while to receive so I found some ICR pkcells 900mah unprotected on amazon and will receive those much faster, is it safe to use with this light since I dont think it have a low power protection on it abd im quite new to this flashlights(li-ion cells) .

Just dont want to explose myself haha.

I read somewhere that ICR cells are more dangerous than IMR and may be unstable in high drains flashlight,but are good in laptop and other low power devices(camera ...)

wle

Newly Enlightened
There I just receive my light without battery ,I ordered some keeppower IMR 18350 from banggood but will take a while to receive so I found some ICR pkcells 900mah unprotected on amazon and will receive those much faster, is it safe to use with this light since I dont think it have a low power protection on it abd im quite new to this flashlights(li-ion cells) .

Just dont want to explose myself haha.

I read somewhere that ICR cells are more dangerous than IMR and may be unstable in high drains flashlight,but are good in laptop and other low power devices(camera ...)

--i don;t think the 5A drain of the A1 will be a problem
mostly it is vapers with 'mechanical mods' - which overdischarge the cells with no protection
talking about 20+ amps there
most flashlights will not let the bats overdischarge
none of them will draw 20A
and chargers will not charge overdischarged cells

you never hear of a flashlight blow up
just vapers and cell phones
cell phones use flexible batteries that can be mechanically damaged much easi er

wle

Latest posts