Can I use any 12v DC, 2A, Centre Positive PSU for my Maha C9000s?

Face

Enlightened
Hi,

I was just wondering if my official Maha PSUs went *poof* can I use any 12v DC, 2A, centre positive replacement PSU as I have 2 spare PSU that meet this spec.

Or am I missing something else that I need to consider?

Many thanks,

Face

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I was just wondering if my official Maha PSUs went *poof* can I use any 12v DC, 2A, centre positive replacement PSU as I have 2 spare PSU that meet this spec.

Or am I missing something else that I need to consider?

Many thanks,

Face

I think the outer barrel is a standard 5.5mm and the inner pin is something like 2.5mm. I use my Xtar 2A on my Maha and vise versa. I also use both on a 12vdc fan and on a Dirt Devil 18v dustbuster.

As long as they fit and make contact, are 12vdc and can handle the current, you're fine.

Now...I once took my 14.5vdc Rayovac IC3 wall wart and put it on my C9000 and went on a beer run while discharging some batteries. That worked fine, but upon charging them back up, the Maha would reset every minute, or two, until I figured out my mistake.

Didn't kill the charger, but be careful. The LaCrosse BC-700 that I have is a 3.8vdc input, or something like that, so double check things. I killed an Xtar VC4 by using a 5vac adapter one night. I should have stopped after the first attempt, lol.

I started to paint/Sharpie my chargers' names on my respective wall warts, so if my Alzheimer's kicks in, I have a fighting chance.

Chris

Last edited:

Face

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Chris; that's good to know.

It looks like I would also be able to use my 12v DC 3.0A Opus C3100 charger too. This would mean I only need 1 charger plugged in and I can use any of my chargers.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Face

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply Chris; that's good to know.

It looks like I would also be able to use my 12v DC 3.0A Opus C3100 charger too. This would mean I only need 1 charger plugged in and I can use any of my chargers.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Face

Remember, devices suck, wall warts don't push. As long as the wart can handle more than the load, you're golden.

Yeah, my first BT-3400 3A wart couldn't handle 4x1A charging and would reset the charger. I could do 4x700mA, but not 4x1A until I got the new one in. I can use the defective 3A on my Xtar chargers, or my 12v fan (500mA,) so it's not a waste.

I just marked it as '2A only' with a silver Sharpie.

Have a good one yourself.

MAGA.

Chris