Best LED Upgrades for Maglite.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
5/12 New addition--->Best LED Upgrades for Maglite.

Hi all,

Here is my review of the bulbs I have tested. If you have tried any of these please let us know your thoughts. Also if there are other bulbs you recommend please feel free to share that as well!

3/3/17 EDIT

Here is the video on how to do all of the batter combinations for different size bodies.

There is also a chart that can be found here for quick reference.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TgxJkcEDsB5KaoWo_u13b-3Ke-Lmlp5DVOxE38d8L5E/edit?usp=sharing

Keeppower 26650s: http://asflashlights.com/batteries-...-discharge-flat-top-rechargeable-battery.html
Body Sleeves and springs and dummy cells: http://asflashlights.com/23--diy-parts
LED Upgrades for Maglite: http://asflashlights.com/20-maglite-upgrades

5/12/17 Updtate: Cree XP-L HI edition now available.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
so do you like the Nite Ize ?

Mmmmm... Like would be a strong word. Its better than the factory incan bulb. The voltage range is nice. Like 8 years ago I bought one when there were no better options that I knew of and thought it was great. In todays market they are a little under powered, and the tint leans a good bit toward blue. I think they have come out with a newer model than mine, but the output is still low with it.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Re: Best LED Upgrades For Maglite.

Thanks for the video. I like the 5,000 lumen drop in, but for $120 I would be more apt to just buy a new light.

I just clicked on your link and saw your store. I have been looking at your site for an hour. Great site!

Last edited:

Mercyfulfate1777

Newly Enlightened

Ive upgraded all of my older Maglites with the Nite Ize and does allrite but not much brighter,my newer Xenons i think are a little brighter. But my M300 625 lms blows them out of the water. But i still love my old 4-5 D cell Mags.

Enlightened

That guy who made a custom MT-G2 mini Mag.

EDness

Newly Enlightened

I've always wanted to upgrade my 4D maglite, but I can't use the XHP50 drop in it seems.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vesture you and Malkoff have it locked down! I have all the Malkoff Mag drop ins, 2 of your super bulbs and that amazing 4000 lumen XHP70 mod you did for me. Managed to find Feilong 32650's for your mod they run great.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

love the strobelight dance.
them lessons are sure paying off. lol.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a great idea for a thread :thumbsup: Thanks for the video.

garyoNC

Newly Enlightened

I have the Malkoff in my 3 D Mag and really like it. Very powerful with a good run time. What I did not realize before I got it, was that as bright as the Malkoff is outside it is still very usable inside without being overly bright or blinding. I think the Malkoff is a very good choice for the cost conscious.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Hi all,

Here is my review of the bulbs I have tested. If you have tried any of these please let us know your thoughts. Also if there are other bulbs you recommend please feel free to share that as well!

Check your website Contact Us. It was a while ago, no reply.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool review! The Maglight lives on still!

By the way... I think you're a strong contender for "So you think you can dance" 😋

Always enjoy watching your vids VOB 👍🏼

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...can you provide more details on what type of spacer for the 4D host? thanks

Off the top of my head I'm going to say the magic combination for a 4D would be thin wall PVC for a sleeve, the pair of 26650s and 2 dummy C cells. I will be doing a video showing the exact compilations I can think of for each size mag and bulb shortly since I get a lot of inquiries about that.

Check your website Contact Us. It was a while ago, no reply.

Hi. I do apologize, if you sent me an email a while back and not heard from me I must have missed it. I usually respond within a day, 3 tops if its a long weekend or something.

If you like you can either shoot me a new email or PM me here etc, and I would be glad to assist you.