Want to find: 6p platform drop in for 4x 18650 cells?

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a 6p platform drop in that has multiple output levels. Low med high would be fine. It will need to be able to run on 4x 18650 cells. It's for a solarforce gladiator.

It will mostly be used on the lower power modes.

Thanks.

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
By 6P platform do you mean a P60 (aka D26) drop in? I'm not familiar with the Gladiator. Does it take a P60 or is it a proprietary format?

Yes P60/d26, and the gladiator does in deed use those drop ins. I'm more worried about burning up a drop in. So I need to find a drop in that has flexibility as far as voltage input. 3.7x4v so around 14.5v+

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
Spec 11 which iirc is 4x xhp35 HI's(would be nice in 5000k flavour)
http://skylumen.com/products/p60vnt-1

Not cheap but compatible(voltage) and crazy 7000+ lumens if needed. Programmable driver , so you can set what mode groups suit you.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm still pretty new, so all the jumbled numbers a d letters are confusing and intimidating. But, since I like to customize things I'm determined to learn this stuff.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm still pretty new, so all the jumbled numbers a d letters are confusing and intimidating. But, since I like to customize things I'm determined to learn this stuff.

Well, for a "pretty new" guy, that sure is an odd light and odd cell configuration to be starting out with.

Chuck Connors and the 70s show Thrill Seekers comes to mind.

Chris

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes P60/d26, and the gladiator does in deed use those drop ins. I'm more worried about burning up a drop in. So I need to find a drop in that has flexibility as far as voltage input. 3.7x4v so around 14.5v+

You're probably going to need a 17v drop in as the 18650s come hot off the charger at 4.2v, so 16.8v.

Chris

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
The [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17mm MTN-MAXlp HP 4A-5.5A Low-Profile Buck Driver - 5V-18V[/FONT] Will allow you to build a drop-in that will handle the voltage range and also allow you to use a 3V emitter such as an XM-L2, XP-L, nichia 219 or equivalent emitters. 17mm is the standard size for P60 DIY drop-ins. You could also use FET Driver - 17mm with the Zener mod option and use quad XHP35s. XHPs in quad config will be able to handle the extra voltage just fine as the Zener mod essentially allows you to run the high voltage over a normal FET driver. The second setup and driver is the EXACT setup vinh uses.

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
Well, for a "pretty new" guy, that sure is an odd light and odd cell configuration to be starting out with.

Chuck Connors and the 70s show Thrill Seekers comes to mind.

Chris

When I find a new interest I tend to "cannonball into the deep end" of the interest. One of my character flaws.