Advice regarding Thunite Catapult V5

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
Can't say for sure, but they appear to be the same item. Thrunite does much of its distribution through Amazon, as I recall.

Up All Night

Enlightened
They are indeed the same light and the most recent version. Previous version of the Catapult V5 came with XM-L2 emitters in your choice of cool or neutral white.

thirstbuster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks people. You guys know if this newer version is comparable to the older one? All the YouTube reviews seem to be the older one.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this light. I measured 190kcd of throw. the old one does around 100kcd i think or less with xml2. This one throws much more due to the xpl hi. its a good solid light

thirstbuster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Alex1234. I will order it. Which batteries do you use? Im concerned that if I buy protected 18650s that they may not fit. I read that is a problem. The batteries are $22 a piece locally..So Im hoping to order them.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
im not sure about protected cells as i never run the but i know efest 2500 mah high drain work well, samsung 30q work well, and vtc5 work, it seams to me that protected cells would fit. I never got the impression of the battery compartment being to short. when get home from work i will see of my protected cells fit. the only ones i have are old ultrafire ones but they are longer then all my unprotected imr's

thirstbuster

Newly Enlightened
Thank you! I am going to purchase this as my everyday dog walker. I appreciate your help Alex1234!