SOLVED....Need help resolving lantern failure

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
Once I got a hold of a live person in sales, not support (shame on support for not answering phone and not calling back for 2 weeks) the person in sales more than took care of me. He went above and beyond 110%. The person in support needs to be mopping floors. The person in sales needs a raise.

I sent off 3 emails and made 3 phone calls to no avail.

I have a 30r lantern that died less then 30 days in. One of the battery slots is dead and wont see that battery. That leaves 2 batteries and with the non-truths told about battery life the lantern wont even go the night without dying.

So as I advised fenix warranty/repair I am off grid and do not have another light source. This is our main light. I also feel that if a lantern fails within the first 30 days it should be replaced not repaired.

So I have to pay freight and then wait. I do not have any extra money as we are building a house and every dime goes to that. I also cannot be without our main light source.

Is there a way I can give fenix a credit card number and do a cross ship with a new light (you send me mine and I send failed lantern)?

Repair hasnt called back. Emails go unanswered when I explain my situ.

FRUSTRATED!
Probably wont ever buy fenix again.

Last edited:

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
Re: Need help resolving lantern failure

24hrs and no response, the silence is deafening.........

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

If your dealer is Fenix-Store, perhaps Shot Show is the reason.
If you purchased from overseas, then preparations for Chinese New Year is likely the reason.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Late Jan - Mid Feb is a terrible time to need customer service for most Chinese lights.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fenix-Store does not check the forums everyday. Maybe message them or Fenix Worldwide on Facebook, I have always gotten quick answers there.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

Please email us at [email protected] and we will assist with this. We will need the serial number on your lantern to see which Warranty & Repair Center is responsible for your service work. What you are stating needs to be clarified with us. We surely don't want you to think non-truths have been stated.

We will wait to hear from you.

Thank you, TacGunner, for your support. There are a number of places customers contact. Some are more responsive than others. This is a very busy time (right after the holidays) so it may be a case of the Service Center contacted dealing with repairs on top of returns from the holiday season.

No matter what, we will make sure you are taken of, Shaysrebellion.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

If it was purchased through a USA seller, it will be serviced through a USA service center. Being a Chinese product really doesn't have anything to do with it. It's just a busy return time for ALL businesses.

Late Jan - Mid Feb is a terrible time to need customer service for most Chinese lights.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it was purchased through a USA seller, it will be serviced through a USA service center. Being a Chinese product really doesn't have anything to do with it. It's just a busy return time for ALL businesses.

See previous post for context: if purchased overseas, e.g. from China, preparation for and subsequent celebration and observance of Chinese New Year slow CS (from China) to a crawl.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

Ah, yes. I see the two posts. You are correct in that China just left for their 10-day Chinese New Year holiday. If he emailed any Chinese service center, that would explain the delay. We are still waiting on his email. Thanks for helping with this!

See previous post for context: if purchased overseas, e.g. from China, preparation for and subsequent celebration and observance of Chinese New Year slow CS (from China) to a crawl.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

Shaysrebellion, we are still waiting for your email. I don't see that it has come in. Please email us at [email protected] and we will assist with this.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

POST UPDATE:

We've never heard from the originator of this post so we've not been able to assist with what he has experienced. Readers, please don't let these posts be a reflection on the quality of Fenix products. In all fairness to ALL MANUFACTURERS, these kinds of posts need to be followed up on rather than left hanging.

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened

Its resolved. They took care of me to my satisfaction. No need to go into details but everything is good now.

POST UPDATE:

We've never heard from the originator of this post so we've not been able to assist with what he has experienced. Readers, please don't let these posts be a reflection on the quality of Fenix products. In all fairness to ALL MANUFACTURERS, these kinds of posts need to be followed up on rather than left hanging.