RMSK, Inc.        
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: What'll come first?

  1. #1
    Flashaholic* orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    2,262

    Default What'll come first?

    +


    500,000 CPF members

    ..........or.............

    Genuine 5000 mAh 18650

    ..........or.............

    500 Lumens per Watt LED





  2. #2
    Capolini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley Forge, Pa.
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Genuine 5000 mAh 18650,,,,,If they continue to make them! I hope the battery powered car industry does not eliminate them.
    Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. ,,,Capolini 10.21.2003

  3. #3
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    17,174

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    500k members imo, can't see 5000mah cells happening ....if at all unfortunately.

  4. #4
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,010

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    OK I'll hold out for a trifecta. Hope is good

  5. #5

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    C...
    500 lumens per watt.
    John 3:16
    "The only friends I have from France are french fries" -PK

  6. #6
    Flashaholic PocketLight88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    101

    Default What'll come first?

    500 lumens per watt, then 500,000 cpf members.
    Unless we discover a new element I don't see 5,000 mah batteries happening
    Last edited by PocketLight88; 01-24-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    TK75, SC600 MK III HI, TN36VN, R50VN, PD35, RC09, TN12, Mini Mags, 3D LED Mag, ML25, Solitaire, HID Spotlight and hopefully more to come!

  7. #7
    Flashaholic Jomohr84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NW Minnesota
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    But we are seeing innovation in battery R&D. Gold nanowires, lithium-air breathing batteries, etc. There is a lot of research taking place to make better batteries, so real 5000mah may not even be that great compared to what may be coming soon.

  8. #8
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,010

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jomohr84 View Post
    But we are seeing innovation in battery R&D. Gold nanowires, lithium-air breathing batteries, etc. There is a lot of research taking place to make better batteries, so real 5000mah may not even be that great compared to what may be coming soon.
    Interesting.

  9. #9
    Flashaholic Jomohr84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NW Minnesota
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Here's just one example of what's in development
    http://[https://www.engadget.com/201...y-30000-cycles

  10. #10
    Flashaholic Jomohr84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NW Minnesota
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Whether or not we ever see these technologies, who knows. Maybe the big battery companies won't let it see light of day for fear of losing profits, just like the powers that be ruined this man's life. Inventor of a water powered engine. http://www.geetfriends.net/persecution/persecution.htm

  11. #11
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,010

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jomohr84 View Post
    Whether or not we ever see these technologies, who knows. Maybe the big battery companies won't let it see light of day for fear of losing profits, just like the powers that be ruined this man's life. Inventor of a water powered engine. http://www.geetfriends.net/persecution/persecution.htm
    Wow just read that. What's wrong with people? Scary to say the least.

  12. #12
    Flashaholic Jomohr84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NW Minnesota
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    I've seen some youtube videos of these water powered engines and it seems legit, so why aren't we all driving water powered cars? I believe it takes a small amount of crude oil to start the engine up, but from there, it is water powered. I know there exists technology to separate the hydrogen atoms in water using electrolysis, creating hydrogen gas, and use it as a fuel. The hydrogen gas can be used to fuel cells in a vehicle for zero emissions. It should be THE energy source of the future IMO.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Can't we already squeeze 5000mah out of 18650? Isn't it a question of load, such that the same cell might only be 2100mah in one application, but could get over twice that in another low drain application?

    If not, I still vote that 5000mAh 18650 will appear first, becuase you are setting the bar way too high for either CPF membership or lm/W. The answer must be the 18650 5000mAh cell will appear long before even 1000lm/W or 100K CPF members.
    Last edited by chillinn; 01-24-2017 at 03:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    2,262

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    ^

    CPF reached 100,000 members about 7 years ago.
    membership numbers have absolutely exploded in the last 5 years

    btw:: chillinn you are 355,356

  15. #15

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jomohr84 View Post
    I've seen some youtube videos of these water powered engines and it seems legit, so why aren't we all driving water powered cars? I believe it takes a small amount of crude oil to start the engine up, but from there, it is water powered. I know there exists technology to separate the hydrogen atoms in water using electrolysis, creating hydrogen gas, and use it as a fuel. The hydrogen gas can be used to fuel cells in a vehicle for zero emissions. It should be THE energy source of the future IMO.
    Given the patent and plans are readily available, perhaps it does not exist because it does not work the way the inventor claims .... and not one has replicated his claimed results. There are claims that may be valid that show 10's of % improvement in efficiency on what are typically low efficiency engines (small gas motors) and this could be attributed to pre-vaporizing the liquid gas using the exhaust gases for a more complete combustion.

    All our knowledge shows it takes a fixed amount of energy to split water into oxygen and hydrogen and burning that oxygen and hydrogen can only recover that energy, not add to it. Conservation of energy still applies.

    All these magical devices, including the 70MPH carburetor have several things in common, the big one being no one can recreate the "inventors" claims.

  16. #16

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Active members or just registered users? Registered users, sure.

    500LPW .. that's only going to happen in green and that is getting over 80% wall plug efficiency. Since no one has solved efficient green yet, I will say this will come last.

    We are still a fair ways away from the theoretically limit for Lithium batteries so I will save 5000mAh in something the volume of an 18650 is pretty much a given. What is not a given is whether 18650 will be around to see it. It seems to be common enough that it may have easily another decade behind it, but with that level of technology?

  17. #17

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    500,000 CPF members will come first. Then we'll have 5000 mAh cells, but they'll be 20700 as 18650 will be fading away. Then we'll have 500 lumen/watt l.e.d.s, but they'll be green.

  18. #18
    Flashaholic* orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    2,262

    Default Re: What'll come first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    500,000 CPF members will come first. Then we'll have 5000 mAh cells, but they'll be 20700 as 18650 will be fading away. Then we'll have 500 lumen/watt l.e.d.s, but they'll be green.
    +

    I hear ya on the battery size increase,
    but I'm not buying more lights just because larger batteries are being made ---at least I don't think so

    Tesla is going 21700


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •