Olight - S1 - MINI        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PFlexpro lights and drop ins

Default Re: PFlexpro lights and drop ins

Some people are OK changing modes with an Oveready Zero Res Shorty, but I find it a little distracting. It can be used as a non-tactical momentary in single mode though.

PFlexPRO is not set up to sell just switches but Skylumen does. Decide if you want to use longer protected batteries or shorter unprotected to get a good fit with a new switch. Even then, be sure to confirm the length delivered is what you ordered.

https://skylumen.com/collections/oth...forward-clicky

I think you'll find that OR are out of stock of the ZeroRez, apart from the Shorty which allows an extra 15mm cell space.
    If you can track one down they are great switches, with nothing to go wrong - you just have to like twisties.
    P

Edit: There is this, if you don't mind the appearance....

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...zerorez-switch

P
    Last edited by peter yetman; 05-23-2018 at 12:49 AM.

I just received one of the new C8 triples with 5D XP-L hi emitters. This thing is a beast! The most impressive output I've seen from a 1x18650 light by far. It puts an even coat of light everywhere from 2ft in front of you all the way out to 300ft. The beam is such that you never get "blinded" by the spill though. You can look just in front of you and see the ground in detail, then look up at the trees 200 feet away without moving the light and without eye adjustment. Everything is lit up evenly.

Here is the beam from a Malkoff Hound Dog on a small grove of trees a little over 100ft away.

And here's C8 triple. Dang that's a beam!
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Wow!
    What a great combination of compactness for so much useful light! The tailcap is easy to find and the host is good quality that has been gone over by someone who cares to take the time to do it right the first time.

Thank you RD for posting!

Default PFlexpro lights and drop ins

Well, Randy got back to me. He told me that the McClicky is in fact one of the best switches to run with the Quad. He told me, “Virtually everything in a high-powered flashlight is running over the ratings”. I’m inclined to agree with him and it sounds like he knows what he’s talking about. Lots of good knowledge.

God dang it! Just after I bought an EDCPlus triple instead. I think I’m going to have to sell a few things to buy the Quad now lol. If Randy is running an iteration of H17F in there, I guess I can always just run it up to Level 22 instead of using the FET levels.

I have 3 of his lights so far, an 18650 and two 18350s.

I am completely happy with everything. So much bang for the buck!

I asked Randy to create a Convoy S6 with a 219C D240 R9050 emitter at 5000k. Love the AP driver, very easy to program.

Unfortunately I chose the stainless steel clip from mtnelectronics. I guess you get what you pay for - it's sharp and flimsy. Immediately removed it. The friction fit clip from my Convoy S2+ seems to fit well, but looking for better a screw-in clip.

Can anyone recommend an alternative screw-in clip that will work with the two holes in the tailcap of the S6 host?

Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123