Superconductor & Titanium Light- McGizmo/Aleph and Surefire E-series compatable

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
This titanium light has 36 inset Superconductor discs added around the perimeter of the body. Each disc was cut from a rod and press fitted (actually hammered :laughing:) into each milled pocket and then cut down on the lathe and finish sanded by hand. There's over 10 hours in fitting the superconductor accents alone. All work is done manually on my lathe and mill.
The light is still a work in progress. The holes need to be drilled/tapped for the Okluma pocket clip and a proper light engine still needs to be made. I may also remake the bezel.
The body accepts McGizmo and Surefire E-series heads and has a McClicky switch in the tail.
The head accepts McGizmo/Aleph light engines and uses an Zebralight reflector.
A mule type head may also be made for it before I post it up for sale, giving the new owner the option of throw or flood by swapping heads.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
Re: Superconductor & Titanium Light- McGizmo/Aleph and Surefire E-series compatable

Wow, another very creative and innovative light. I'm definitely paying attention here!

Re: Superconductor & Titanium Light- McGizmo/Aleph and Surefire E-series compatable

Nicely done!! Very original!! I'll take it!!

I now.....I'm a bit early...couldn't help myself. Lol

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome work!
Hugely impressive idea and execution.

Zandar

Enlightened

I now.....I'm a bit early...couldn't help myself. Lol
Finally I got you, Your a day late my friend, I bought this yesterday!! :nana::nana::nana::nana::naughty::naughty::naughty: Well at least I tried to!!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks a bunch, guys! I appreciate the feedback! :thumbsup:
I really need to spend a few hours and finish this one up so I can make it available.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Superconductor"? What is it made of?

Titanium host with superconductor inserts.

Superconducter rod is a Copper rod with an array of Niobium rods (they become a superconductor when cooled enough) suspended in it. Very expensive stuff, but commonly used in science and military applications as well as medical such as MRI machines.

I'm glad to see progress on this one Tim! Let's super cool those superconductors, and slow down the photons as they are leaving the light:)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

This light is now finished and will be made available for purchase next weekend in my FB group, TM Design and Fabrication.