Looking for a light that will my specifications

eblade

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF, long time lurker here looking for some suggestions. I am looking to replace my Fenix LD11 with an angle light like say the Zebralight H600, however, I cannot justify spending that much for one light. I was looking at the Fenix HL50 but decided against it because I want something the same length as my LD11 which is under 4" but above 3". I don't mind using 18650 lithiums since I use them on my PD35 and HL55 but I do like the convenience of AA. So my requirements are around 3-4", angled, AA or 18650 and in a standard cylindrical form casing. I'll use this light strapped to my pack while walking home from class through dark alleyways or on hikes that are going longer than expected. I looked around briefly and only found that the Zebralight matches all of those nicely but it is expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA

ThinAirDesigns

Newly Enlightened
You can regularly find the Skilhunt H03 variants on sale online for around 30 US bucks. I bought 2 of the TIR versions. Good so far.

JB

eblade

Newly Enlightened
Where can I find the Skillhunt H03 for $30? The prices I am seeing searching on Google is $50. There was a code for a website Gearbest but it is expired.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Thrunite TH20 fit what you're looking for? You said angle light, but it's a dedicated headlamp in cylindrical form. Runs on one AA.

Boko

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix HL50 is about 3 1/4 inches long if you use the AA adaptor. Would that be within limits? It's easily unclipped from the headband. I have one and it's a great little light, simple to use,(not too many levels, no complicated programming), nice beam for night hiking.

eblade

Newly Enlightened
Does the Thrunite TH20 fit what you're looking for? You said angle light, but it's a dedicated headlamp in cylindrical form. Runs on one AA.

The Fenix HL50 is about 3 1/4 inches long if you use the AA adaptor. Would that be within limits? It's easily unclipped from the headband. I have one and it's a great little light, simple to use,(not too many levels, no complicated programming), nice beam for night hiking.

I wasn't specific with the placement of the LED but I want it at the end of one side like the Skillhunt and Zebralight.

Thanks for the gearbest link. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

YahFargo

Newly Enlightened
If you are a member of the flashlight subReddit, user zeroair got a new coupon for the H03 yesterday. You can PM him on reddit to get the code.

eblade

Newly Enlightened

eblade

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I just got my skillhunt in. It's absolutely perfect! Thanks for the suggestions!

Latest posts