Olight - R50

Thread: Looking for a light that will my specifications

Default Looking for a light that will my specifications

Hello CPF, long time lurker here looking for some suggestions. I am looking to replace my Fenix LD11 with an angle light like say the Zebralight H600, however, I cannot justify spending that much for one light. I was looking at the Fenix HL50 but decided against it because I want something the same length as my LD11 which is under 4" but above 3". I don't mind using 18650 lithiums since I use them on my PD35 and HL55 but I do like the convenience of AA. So my requirements are around 3-4", angled, AA or 18650 and in a standard cylindrical form casing. I'll use this light strapped to my pack while walking home from class through dark alleyways or on hikes that are going longer than expected. I looked around briefly and only found that the Zebralight matches all of those nicely but it is expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA

Default Re: Looking for a light that will my specifications

You can regularly find the Skilhunt H03 variants on sale online for around 30 US bucks. I bought 2 of the TIR versions. Good so far.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAirDesigns View Post
    You can regularly find the Skilhunt H03 variants on sale online for around 30 US bucks. I bought 2 of the TIR versions. Good so far.

JB
    I agree with the H03 recommendation, it's a steal at 30.

Where can I find the Skillhunt H03 for $30? The prices I am seeing searching on Google is $50. There was a code for a website Gearbest but it is expired.

Does the Thrunite TH20 fit what you're looking for? You said angle light, but it's a dedicated headlamp in cylindrical form. Runs on one AA.

The Fenix HL50 is about 3 1/4 inches long if you use the AA adaptor. Would that be within limits? It's easily unclipped from the headband. I have one and it's a great little light, simple to use,(not too many levels, no complicated programming), nice beam for night hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Where can I find the Skillhunt H03 for $30? The prices I am seeing searching on Google is $50. There was a code for a website Gearbest but it is expired.
    Keep an eye here for when it comes back in stock:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlig...fZgaAjLb8P8HAQ

Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    Does the Thrunite TH20 fit what you're looking for? You said angle light, but it's a dedicated headlamp in cylindrical form. Runs on one AA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boko View Post
    The Fenix HL50 is about 3 1/4 inches long if you use the AA adaptor. Would that be within limits? It's easily unclipped from the headband. I have one and it's a great little light, simple to use,(not too many levels, no complicated programming), nice beam for night hiking.
    I wasn't specific with the placement of the LED but I want it at the end of one side like the Skillhunt and Zebralight.

Thanks for the gearbest link. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

If you are a member of the flashlight subReddit, user zeroair got a new coupon for the H03 yesterday. You can PM him on reddit to get the code.

Thanks for the heads up. I just PM'd the user hopefully I can get one.

On an unrelated note. I wish I could sell on these forums. I have to pay into CPF to put a listing up. This forum is the only one that has this subscription based selling/trading. Btw, I have a ton of experience trading on online forums (references: http://www.heatware.com/u/78915 and http://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/f.../user_id/41546).

You also can get coupon codes for the H03s here:

http://coupons.gearbestblog.com/?search=skilhunt

JB

Thumbs up Re: Looking for a light that will my specifications

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAirDesigns View Post
    You also can get coupon codes for the H03s here:

http://coupons.gearbestblog.com/?search=skilhunt

JB
    Perfect! I just ordered with "Priority Line" shipping (was only an extra $2 and some change). Now does anyone want a Fenix LD11?

Hey guys I just got my skillhunt in. It's absolutely perfect! Thanks for the suggestions!