Anyone else into Jeeps? Especially with lights!

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_1103.jpg

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Jeeps! Had a 98 Cherokee XJ until just this fall. My dad has a 95 Cherokee and an 05 TJ Rubicon. Unfortunately I sold the XJ because it was costing a lot in maintenance and gas but Jeeps will always be special to me.

I think the only mod I made with lights was replacing the rear cargo area light with an LED and the same thing for the under hood light.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!! XJs are awesome, and for being 15+ years old now you still see a ton of them around. I'm wondering if they're not going to end up like the Grand Wagoneers and some other older SUVs and spiking in price one day. I've been half tempted to find a good clean unmolested one and store it.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that might not be a bad idea. Mine was stolen at one point and crashed up which I think created some of its problems that kept cropping up. I really loved that vehicle though.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man that looks fun. You're making me really nostalgic now for my old Jeep!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I love classic older Jeeps. Those things are super reliable, indestructible tanks!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first vehicle, purchased in 2000 with my own money, was a 1971 CJ5. I rhino lined everything on it in it and under it.

Bill Idaho

Newly Enlightened
I have had a handful of various Jeeps over the decades. My dad always had one when we were growing up.
Currently I have a "kinda-Jeep" parked in the back yard. It is military M151A2. (I collect/restore military vehicles.) I know, not a jeep at all. I won't buy or own anything newer than about 1980 or so- I don't like how wide and big they have gotten over the years. Late 60's or early 70's are my favorite years. My brother owns about 10 various Jeeps. From stock to------barely any stock parts!
Now, speaking of lights........ I have a pair of J.W.Speaker TS4000s on my current pickup. I do A LOT of off road driving in the back country of Idaho. NOT really "off-roading" just driving through a couple of pretty remote areas at night. It isn't that unusual to NOT see another vehicle for a couple of hours sometimes. All those LED "light bars" and such do an ok job of lighting up things within a relatively short distance, but the TS 4000s really reach out and touch.

I am eyeing a 73 CJ5 in a guys driveway with a for-sale sing in the window. Maybe, just maybe.

CigarPundit

Newly Enlightened
Not a Jeep, but my Raptor definitely has lights.

Baja Designs XL80 A pillars (19000 lumens)
Baja Designs S8 light bar behind the grille (19050 lumens)
Baja Designs S2 Pro amber chase lights (4900 lumens)
Baja Designs S2 Pro white work/scene bed light (2450 lumens)
Baja Designs S2 Sport reverse lights

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

IMG_7751.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7835.jpg

gsoke

Newly Enlightened
When I was married, my wife and I went through quite a few jeeps. Some bad, some good.

She brought a 1990 cherokee sport into the marriage, and that was a great vehicle. The unibody cherokees were some of the best vehicles jeep ever made, in my opinion. And then near the end of our marriage I had a 1979 cherokee chief. It was riddled with mechanical problems from the previous owners doing shade tree mechanic stuff, but it was still rugged as heck and man, it really looked good. I wish I could have fixed it up because those old things are workhorses and great off road.
We also had two grand charokees, a 97 and then an early 2000s model to replace that. And then replaced that with a wrangler, which she took with her in the divorce. All 3 of those were maintenance nightmares and the grand cherokees were really not built for offroad.
I think some old KC lights would have looked great on the chief, and maybe one of the newer LED bars on the cherokee sport.