need advice on building spotlight

AubAlum0509

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading some on here lately and decided that I might try and modify one of my existing spotlights, change bulb, add ballast, etc.
I have an old Professional favorite 20 Million spotlight. I will just keep using it, unless someone gives me a great idea to really improve it. Its a big, heavy, rubberized spotlight with great throw.

Just exactly how much better could I make this spotlight by changing bulbs/ballast?

scout24

Flashaholic
Moving this to the HID and Spotlight subforum, you'll get some very educated answers here...:wave:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A friend across the country from me is mailing one he cannot get to go anymore and my comment was Ima HID that sucker...
So I'll be following this thread too.

I traded him some 1940's welders goggles for it... perhaps I need them back? lol

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know there is a member on here by the name Fritzhid who has done a lot of hid spotlight mods, may ask him about it

My ears were get'n a lil warm for a second, lol.

as far as modding that light, it's a great host! you can cram lotsa watts into it, metal reflector and glass lens that can take the heat. plenty of room for a nice li-ion pack, etc....
it really comes down to how much work you want to put in and how deep your pockets are! ;)

Latest posts