New Klarus XT12GT Dead

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a new Klarus XT12GT a week or so ago. I used it a few times and was impressed. Tonight, however, it is dead. I tried another charged 18650 battery stick and still nothing. The interesting thing, though, is that the ring around the charging port was flashing green. Does anybody have any ideas of anything else I should try?

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Try cleaning all the battery contact points and the batteries as well to ensure good electrical connections. Next would be to check the threads to make sure nothing is preventing the electrical circuit from completing. If neither of those helps - could be the tail cap but if that is the case or something else you will probably need to return it for a replacement.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

cmh50

Newly Enlightened
Does the Klarus XT12GT and XT11GT use the same tail switch? Because the owners of the XT11GT are having problems with their tail switch.
This could be the problem. Klarus should recall these faulty switches.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should I go through the place that I bought it from or directly through Klarus?

Ecodelosandes

Newly Enlightened
Same problem here, after almost a year of use the light is dead with the blinking charge port. All contacts cleaned with no success. Not even thinking to ship back to factory, shipping cost is more than the light itself. For sure this will be my LAST Klarus product, now that i´m experiencing this trouble i can see so many USERS in the same situation. Clearly an expensive and faulty product from a not a reputable maker.

Miguel

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xt12s has the same problem. I've had 3 go bad on me. St12: same problem. The xt2c xt1c mi7's however are still going strong

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should I go through the place that I bought it from or directly through Klarus?

I go both ways. I sent the newest ones back to where I purchased but the older ones were taken care of by the factory. It cost $15 to ship as the st12's had internal switches otherwise getting sent a new tailcap would be an excellent fix if that was all there was to it.