Zebralight missing order

Soundmod

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have joined this forum after reading it for about a year. I was looking for good advice on a new headlight, after much consideration I ordered a Zebralight H600 mk2 direct from the US Company. I placed the order on 11th November 2016.....They eventually claim to have shipped it 1st December 2016 and I can track it going through the Chinese tracking service until the 4th December 2016 when it vanishes off the radar. I contacted them 6 times until I eventually received a reply on 11th January 2017. My order has still not been delivered and despite contacting them every week since the 11/1/17 I have zero reply or acknowledgement!

Has anyone else had major problems from this US based company? I read that the lights are good but hell this lack of communication and service is the worst I have ever had!

Any suggestions? Does anyone have a direct contact with this company?

regards

S

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you located? Orders from China can often take 2 months or more if you don't opt for the faster shipping(from any company, not just ZL). The last order I placed from Gearbest took over 10 weeks from China to Canada. If you aren't in the US you have to go for the EMS or DHL shipping option if you want things fast from ZL.

Soundmod

Newly Enlightened
They have given up and refunded my order! So that still leaves me without a headlamp.

Does anyone have any recommendations from a more reliable supplier?

regards

S

scout24

Flashaholic
If you're in the US, the crew at Illumn are recommended. They currently list 17 Zebralight models.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have given up and refunded my order! So that still leaves me without a headlamp.

Does anyone have any recommendations from a more reliable supplier?

regards

S

I wouldn't be surprised if it still shows up down the road. There has been more then one person on here that have had this exact scenario happen with ZL and the light ended up showing up. If you aren't in the US, you need to pay for the DHL or EMS shipping option if you want it fast. Otherwise, I suggest you order from a ZL dealer in your country.

Charon

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. I had ordered a Zebralight headlamp November 30, 2016. About the same time my father ordered a headlamp as well. The tracking numbers seem to have expired, and neither of us has received our headlamp. Two weeks ago they said they will look into it and to contact them in two weeks. I have since sent a follow up to this case.

Light was ordered to Canada, Looks like both shipped out around the same time. Wonder if there is a missing shipment. I am used to slow shipments from China, but it has been over three months. Will have to wait and see what happens now. China post did show it leaving the country before the tracking number no longer worked.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should get resolution now, ZL monitors these threads.... OP got his resolution quickly enough.

cbianco

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the same boat with this "missing order" to Canada. Ordered a headlamp in early Dec, it shipped mid-Dec, apparently left China, and that was the last I'd heard from it. After contacting ZL a few times, they initially told me to wait 2 more weeks, but ended up refunding my money when it still hadn't shown up another 3 weeks later. Interesting note is that I just checked their website about ordering again (to see how much one of the other, presumably more reliable, shipping options would cost), and noticed that they no longer have a free shipping option (at least not to Canada - or maybe it's just me that's blacklisted :) ).

As for a substitute (at least for an AA headlamp), when I had given up on ever seeing my ZL, I ordered a thrunite th20 off amazon Canada. About half the price of ZL and I had it 2 days later. Seems like a decent light - I really like the UI... only complaint is that it's got a pretty obvious green tint to it, which is fortunately not a dealbreaker for my use. I would have preferred a Zebralight (based on their specs/reviews), but the price difference including reliable shipping makes it hard to justify. I wish we had a more local ZL dealer. I had also considered a Fenix HL50 (available at Mountain Equipment Co-op), but I have a strong preference to have a very low output mode.

Charon

Newly Enlightened
Must have been a whole shipment around that time that "vanished" I just saw a refund on my order. Still waiting to see what happens with my old man's order. Too many people at the same time lost their zebralight shipment, I suspect something happened. May be a container floating in the ocean somewhere with a whole pile of zebralights in it.