wasted to much money on enelopes

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got the 5th gen aa. that have the 10 year shelf life but man o man compared to akilines in my streamlight seige the run time is aweful

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got the 5th gen aa. that have the 10 year shelf life but man o man compared to akilines in my streamlight seige the run time is aweful

I have two D Siege lanterns, so they don't do AAs.

I would find it hard to believe that at least on HIGH, the alkalines will do better.

Maybe on the lowest of lows, you have a chance, but not on any load past 500mA.

Go get a quad of Duracell Ion Core 2450mAh AAs and give them a whirl.

Chris

ven

Flashaholic
Can you expand a little raggie, as Chris states, alki cells tend to win out on low drain applications but anything with a little demand the loops should make it a no contest. Where did you buy the loops? presume charged up close to or around 1.47-1.5v at around 1a? What are the conditions asked in the seige?

Even if you have to charge them up fairly frequent, the chances of a seige on the scrap heap is minimised considerably without the alki leak............leaks!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am running on high on alks so far the light has been running like 7 hours but on the enolops i was getting like 2.5 hours .when the red light flashes i stop test its a charge indicator light on the seige it starts on green goes to yellow then red then blinking red. the enolops was just charged a few hours ago.lol i bought 32 of the enolops i wanted to be prepared for anything

ven

Flashaholic
Could it be possible the loops are putting out more light, does it appear quite a lot brighter on loops over alki cells.

Kurt_Woloch

Enlightened
I guess that's AA Eneloops in D shells, compared with genuine D alkalines... in this case I can imagine the alkalines winning out.

ven

Flashaholic
Ah , so we are comparing AA loops to D cell alki cells? if so yes, loops will not have the run time in these conditions. D cells have a bigger tank................

raggie33

*the raggedier*
light just went to blinking red light at 7.5 hours. on alks. if i recall on the enolopes it took like 2.25 hours

raggie33

*the raggedier*

ven

Flashaholic
My guess is the alki cells are soon dropping due to sag and your probably getting quite a bit less light out although not that easy to tell by eye. The loops have a flatter discharge and will hold a higher voltage over the alki cells. So just an example plucked, the loops may be giving you 150lm or so after 10m of being on.............may continue close to that for a couple of hours. The alki cells may drop pretty quick and be putting out 60-80lm and decreasing ..................again an example.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
My guess is the alki cells are soon dropping due to sag and your probably getting quite a bit less light out although not that easy to tell by eye. The loops have a flatter discharge and will hold a higher voltage over the alki cells. So just an example plucked, the loops may be giving you 150lm or so after 10m of being on.............may continue close to that for a couple of hours. The alki cells may drop pretty quick and be putting out 60-80lm and decreasing ..................again an example.
i hope thats it between the batterys and chargers i bought i spent a lot. and i hate to waste money

ven

Flashaholic
Its not a wate raggie, you have many many 100's of charges...............once your alki cells are done, they are done for good! Even if they take 4 re-charges to match the alki cells, they will still save money down the line.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Its not a wate raggie, you have many many 100's of charges...............once your alki cells are done, they are done for good! Even if they take 4 re-charges to match the alki cells, they will still save money down the line.

true these say they can recharge 2100 times . and are at 70 perecnt capacity after 10 years of storage

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 x AA alkalines won't run a 200 lumen light for 7 hours at constant output. It is most likely either dimming unnoticed over that time, or is set on low. The subtle nature of the dimming will surprise you. I have a cheap headlamp that I can use for hours without noticing any change in brightness. Eventually I start to think maybe it has dimmed a bit, so I swap batteries and am surprised at how much brighter it suddenly is.

2:25 sounds a bit short for Eneloops, however. I tried a search and managed to find a runtime measurement on your lantern using Eneloops where it got about 3 hours of fairly consistent output before starting to dim significantly, ending around the 10% mark a little shy of 4 hours:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...al-Review-Streamlight-SIEGE-AA-Lantern-(3xAA)

Be aware that although Eneloops are sold "precharged," they're actually usually around 70% of full charge from the factory. That may explain your results if you didn't charge them up new.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
3 x AA alkalines won't run a 200 lumen light for 7 hours at constant output. It is most likely either dimming unnoticed over that time, or is set on low. The subtle nature of the dimming will surprise you. I have a cheap headlamp that I can use for hours without noticing any change in brightness. Eventually I start to think maybe it has dimmed a bit, so I swap batteries and am surprised at how much brighter it suddenly is.

2:25 sounds a bit short for Eneloops, however. I tried a search and managed to find a runtime measurement on your lantern using Eneloops where it got about 3 hours of fairly consistent output before starting to dim significantly, ending around the 10% mark a little shy of 4 hours:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...al-Review-Streamlight-SIEGE-AA-Lantern-(3xAA)

Be aware that although Eneloops are sold "precharged," they're actually usually around 70% of full charge from the factory. That may explain your results if you didn't charge them up new.
bet thats it i just recalled my voltmeter has a light meter built in, its pretty cool also has a sound meter