You Asked For It...Beam Comparison Between
Fenix TK47 and TK47UE

TK47-Beam-Shot-Comparison_zpszureyd3j.jpg

TK47-12__01138.1484062376.1280.1280.jpg

Fenix_TK47UE_Image_13__39749.1484754135.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

Hacken

Enlightened
I like the UE tint better but how long will it actually hold the 3200 lumen with two 18650?

proceed5

Enlightened
Oh geez,

I have just last week placed a full deposit order for the TK47 for it being classified on Fenix Website to be a Neutral White LED light.

And now, seeing the above photos, the TK47 looked like a normal 6500-kelvin tint White light than the UE version which Fenix's website did not state anything about it being Neutral White LED.
What's going on Fenix ?

Did you setup the White Balance of your Camera correctly or you just put it on Auto ?

Last edited:

proceed5

Enlightened
The below video link : Time 00.00 to 00.05 looks more like the TK47's claimed tint ??

Hacken

Enlightened
Oh geez,

I have just last week placed a full deposit order for the TK47 for it being classified on Fenix Website to be a Neutral White LED light.

And now, seeing the above photos, the TK47 looked like a normal 6500-kelvin tint White light than the UE version which Fenix's website did not state anything about it being Neutral White LED.
What's going on Fenix ?

Did you setup the White Balance of your Camera correctly or you just put it on Auto ?

i know I'm confuse myself too on the beam shots. I could of swear the regular TK47 was suppose to be neutral white and the 3200 one was cool white.??

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Be careful to judge beam tint from 2 sepparate photo's. If the camera was left on auto white balance, it may have switched between pictures giving the wrong impression.
Auto white balance can go dodgy in low light conditions.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the looks of it, the video proceed5 posted shows the TK47'S tint to indeed be neutral.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Please look at the image we have re-uploaded. We weren't sure about the first one so we got another one from our graphics person. Any questions now?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see the old pic, but the new one looks good to me. Truth be told a picture rarely tells the true story with beam shots. It seems to take a very skilled photographer to accurately capture what is seen by the eye.

proceed5

Enlightened
Please look at the image we have re-uploaded. We weren't sure about the first one so we got another one from our graphics person. Any questions now?

Thanks for updating the 2 pictures.
But both the colour Tints still looks pretty much the same ... i.e. white . . . . . (not sure what happened to term "Neutral White" )

I am still waiting for mine to be shipped out from Fenix's factory !

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys... First off the shots might not be SUPER accurate. And secondly look at the foliage. The actual beam you see due to dust is always going to look bluish in high power LED lights. The foliage in the TK47 shot is definitely warmer than the UE edition indicating it indeed is probably a neutral tint emitter.

Both versions seem really nice. I like the UE edition maybe slightly better because of better run times on the mid to low modes compared to the TK47, but I do like the neutral tint better on the "normal" TK47 version. I wish there was a UE version with a neutral emitter.

If the back light can run as a red light at the same time then this would be an AMAZING light for walking. Then holding it normally by your side cars behind you can see the main light and the red light indicating right where you are. Very nice for walking and also just using it as marker light if you need to.

Last edited:

proceed5

Enlightened
Just received my TK 47 .
Confirm as follows: the XHP-35 emitter inside the TK 47 is Neutral White (Not Cool White like those found on regular XPL-HI emitters, Not Warm White)
++ Nice intense centre spot
++ Bright & reasonably big spill for what it is
++ feel of the finishing is Top Notch with a glare of premium quality anodising
++ both the Red mini tail-side light can be operated together with the Main-front-side light

I am very pleased to have made this decision to buy this light !

Hacken

Enlightened
Just received my TK 47 .
Confirm as follows: the XHP-35 emitter inside the TK 47 is Neutral White (Not Cool White like those found on regular XPL-HI emitters, Not Warm White)
++ Nice intense centre spot
++ Bright & reasonably big spill for what it is
++ feel of the finishing is Top Notch with a glare of premium quality anodising
++ both the Red mini tail-side light can be operated together with the Main-front-side light

I am very pleased to have made this decision to buy this light !

1300 lumen edition one?

proceed5

Enlightened
1300 lumen edition one?
Yes correct, Hacken
The 1300 lumen edition TK 47.

And I add the following comments to my list above:
++ very stout construction
++ the XHP-35-HI NW LED produces very nice tint.
++ this Fenix flashlight is capable of Tail-stand.
++ there are two small drill outs on tail cap that you may loop a tiny ring into for lanyard
++ so far in actual use for past 2 nights, I have used on Turbo most of time and the unit is not even hot.
++ centre spot beam is bigger as compared with other similarly sized lights

Negatives of the TK 47 (1300 lumen edition):
- - Mode spacing, the mid 400 lumen is not enough, should be higher a bit more.
- - the jump from 400 lumen to 1300 lumen is too wide. (There should be 1000 lumen and 1600 lumens.)
- - Mode spacing, Fenix should provide us One notch higher Turbo brightness above the 1300 lumen
- - spill beam angle a bit narrow, probably due to deep reflector
- - the side switch response is a bit too spingy and hollow, hence making it feel a bit 'toyish'

My wishlist for the TK 47:
a) wider spill beam angles and with a more defined centre spot
b) brighter light in overall
c) separate button for hidden strobe and one-press access for Turbo (like the one found on TK 75 - 2015 edition)

Last edited: