My first check from YouTube!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi gang,

Thought I'd share this in case anyone's interested in what you can expect from doing this. I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has been with me on the journey. With out you it would not be possible..:)

If you have your own channel and would like to share your experience please feel free.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Thanks for this. I'd been wondering about posting a few videos on the tube about my lights and think I'll be giving it a shot. :twothumbs

Looks like a larf

irongate

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing that information, interesting to know how people do make some money on doing that.
Keep it up Matt.

ven

Flashaholic
Thats great matt and very well deserved, your a great guy, share your work and put a top notch vid together...............happy days!

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Hi Matt

Hope it's OK if I feedback my own experiences so far (it's been 3 days)
First off, Ive really enjoyed looking through your vids, both because they're about flashlights (obviously) but also because it's giving me inspiration for my own channel to. I like your format and it's something to aspire to. I'm still trying to decide what suits me though.

So, if I start by being upfront, I am a shy person. I don't like being in the spotlight. So my first couple of videos I didn't dare speak so the videos are short and pretty naff. However, it's been on my bucket list to do this and now or never took over me. So I did my first voice over. Nervous and unsure what to say, I spoke about a duff dedome I did. I could feel the nerves in my voice even though it wasn't going out live, lol. I never liked the sound of my voice, but I watched it back, thought what's the worst that can happen and published it. From there it was a case of what's done is done, so as I carried on making more videos, my confidence started to build (still a long way to go)
My 9 year old lad Dylan is keen on his torches, and he is keen on his YouTube videos. So when I offered him a chance to post a video on his olight m2x he started writing a script and rehearsing it! We did several takes before I published his video and he was so proud of it. He now considers himself a fully fledged YouTuber! So now between me and Dylan we have made several videos, and more importantly we've put our channel out there amongst friends and family.
I obviously got stick from my mates, in fact one of my favourite videos on my channel is one of a mate whose taking the mick with his own review of his 3 quid torch. But you know what...it's all In good fun and everyone has shown support in their own way. I also realise that ultimately our videos reach, and benefit, like minded flashaholics who hopefully appreciate our ramblings.
So now it's out there, the stigma of being on video is easing off and I really enjoy making flashlight videos. I hope for it to take off to something more and that'll come in time. There's a whole community of flashaholics out there, many of whom have helped me develope my interest into a true love of lights (whether directly or indirectly). It's great to offer something back
All the best with your own channel. Thanks for reading

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear that you're making a little money. I'm subscribed and will do my viewing part.:twothumbs

RobertB

Newly Enlightened
I've learned a lot from your videos. I really like how they are short and to the point. Too many people are long winded, and I just can't sit through a 15 minute non-stop mono-tone talking video.

Great job, keep it up :)

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey nice video! If I recall correctly, the only relevance that the amount of time watched has to do with your income is how many ads are watched in that time. Other than that, the amount of money made from the ads has to do with demographics. Depending on where an ad is watched from and what ads are played, you will receive a different share. If you want to get paid more frequently, I would suggest joining a network as they pay you on a monthly basis, although they do take a cut of what you earn. That said, a network will help you grow much faster.