IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME! February Contest UPDATE

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
This Month We Are Giving Away
Fenix CL20 Lantern

This little baby is so handy. It surely isn't just for camping. The magnetic feature as well as the hanging feature make it an all around light that could be used anywhere by anyone.

RULES FOR ENTRY FOR THIS GIVEAWAY

1. Tell us how you would use the CL20 lantern.
2. Giveaway drawing is Feb. 21

Thanks for being a part of our community!

Last edited:

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
Re: IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME! February Contest

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to spam the rest of the forum. And besides, isn't it in our interests to have as few people as possible enter the giveaway, instead of making it widely known? That said, since I want to enter, here's a link.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

We didn't view it as spamming so to eliminate that perspective, we changed the entry rules. Those who have already shared are definitely entered in the GAW.

Thanks and best wishes in winning!

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast

In my country where power failures are not uncommon, the CL20 lantern will be pretty useful when it happens.

S2t0i4

Newly Enlightened

CL20 Looks like a very good multifunction light.
can use it as a hallway nightlight, a drop light while I'm working under the hood at night with the magnet base it'll be very useful.

narmattaru

Enlightened

My daughter likes to make small hideways like this one at photo.My Cl25R and CL30R are both too big (and she keeps on taking cover of usb-port apart so i have to seach it).
So i`d be happy to make her small present to illuinate her small hideaways

0EPocaFXjjs.jpg

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would keep it in the car as an emergency work light. I keep my CL25R in my edc bag and it makes a great portable work light so the I see no reason why tue CL20 wouldn't do the same

Esko

Enlightened
I would use it as a night light for baby care.

Thanks for the giveaway!

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh man... I love tiny LED lanterns. I would use the Fenix CL20 for macro photography as well as countless other things including a power outage emergency light probably kept on the fridge and as, of course, a lantern just on a desk maybe. I love that it uses multiple battery types. Gives it so many more uses. You can put Eneloops in it, or if you want to just have it only as an emergency lantern then you can keep a single CR123 lithium cell in it for long term. Very nice.

Hope I win and thanks to Fenix Store for hosting this giveaway! You guys are awesome!

--------------------------------

(P.S. ---- Why are a lot of people linking to different threads? Am I missing something?)

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened

I've already been thinking about this light before I saw this thread. This makes me pretty excited. I really like the dome design, small size, magnetic base, and loop options. This gives me an incredible number of uses:
1. Single, all-purpose campsite lantern
2. Using 2 of these to light a campsite, rather than a single high powered light, provides great coverage. The dome design allows for hanging upside down from a tree without creating shadows like a more traditional design.
3. Car camping. I have a young family and once a year I go away on my own car camping trip where I sleep in the car. The hanging loop design would let me hang the lantern from one of the interior handholds to use as a light for getting ready and reading without running down the car battery.
4. Camping night light. Hanging from a loop in my tent to use as a night light for the kids. Also very handy for soft light during middle of the night diaper changes.
5. Power outage and earthquake preparedness backup. I like that I can place it on the fridge and keep it available but it's still out of the way
6. Early morning light for those early wake ups with the kids when a regular light is still too bright (especially since it's already on the fridge!)
7. Bathroom light. I find it relaxing to take my shower in a dim light and recently I've started tail standing a regular flashlight. This would probably provide a nicer light quality and it's small enough to fit on any shelf.
8. Late night summer reading on the back deck.
9. Car maintenance. Use magnet to mount on the underside of the hood or fender for engine work. Mount to the side of the car for doing tire rotations. Great to keep in the car for emergency use too.

I also really like that it takes multiple battery options including AA. I'm trying to standardize as much as possible to AA to use with Eneloops. It makes it especially good for emergency preparedness.

This is actually the light that got me to come to this sub-forum. I was reading a review on an early model recently and I noticed that a forum member suggested a design change to the battery compartment lid. Fenix posted a reply saying that they were going to implement the change. I am impressed with the responsiveness.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for giveaway.

cyclonecj

Newly Enlightened

I think it would be fantastic in a coat or broom closet where no lighting is available. I have several areas in my home where that would work! Obviously it would be a great emergency light for power outages and for under hood auto trouble or maintenance! Great design idea!

PapaLumen

Enlightened

I would use it for camping and working on the car. Magnetic is a big plus.
Thanks for the opportunity.