Foxfury Scout        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "HIGH" End Self Contained HID's ..?

Default "HIGH" End Self Contained HID's ..?

Looking to add a few more over the top self contained, factory made HID Lights to add to the fleet.Anything new out that I am not aware of anyone..? Only want the ELITE TOP Dogs to add...
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Default Re: "HIGH" End Self Contained HID's ..?

Probably doesn't quite fit your self-contained bill of goods because it's tethered but how about the 175 Watt Megaray?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3904099

Then modify it similar to what I did here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post4002535

Find a LarryK14 that someone will give up:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3612201
    Last edited by BVH; 02-15-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Gun Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W Spectrolab Handheld SA's, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas, LarryK14@52V

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Probably doesn't quite fit your self-contained bill of goods because it's tethered but how about the 175 Watt Megaray?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3904099

Then modify it similar to what I did here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post4002535

Find a LarryK14 that someone will give up:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3612201

any guess to the lumens that would out out ?

The 175 Watt Cermax/Luxtel/Excellitas lamps used in the MR are rated at 2200 Lumens.
    Last edited by BVH; 02-16-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Gun Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W Spectrolab Handheld SA's, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas, LarryK14@52V

Looking for lights similar to Surefire Arc2-8c, Surefire Hellfighter5, Superpower, all hand held self contained expensive "FACTORY" Lights..Wonder if Surefire is to release anything new..?
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

It's not even a matter of question the XeRay XV-LX70 is what you're missing! Matter of fact it's what we're both missing, it might definitely be my next light.

(uhoh... my gears are spinning..)

(BVH knows what this means)

you sure on the "production" lights? no room for custom works??? O.o
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w, Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30, vss-3A.

Flashaholic*

The only thing that comes to mind is the Night Reaper. Night Reaper isn't to be confused for the Polarion built light. Night Reaper Systems builds the heavily militarized version of the light.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

I would think the Night Reaper would be a disappointment after having the LeMax Superlight and/or Xevision version. It looks Big and knarly but it's still only a 50 watt HID.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    It's not even a matter of question the XeRay XV-LX70 is what you're missing! Matter of fact it's what we're both missing, it might definitely be my next light.

it might definitely be my next light ???
    thought you already pulled the trigger on one of these ?

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    it might definitely be my next light ???
    thought you already pulled the trigger on one of these ?
    I pulled the trigger on the Superpower version, I was talking about the regular version in that post. Having a pair of XeVisions would sure be nice!

175 watt hid is 2200 lumens? Is that a typo?
    Chris - Self proclaimed gadget lover.
    My EDC blog. Flashlights, knives, gadgets, and tool reviews and thoughts.
    http://edcraziness.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofPrey View Post
    175 watt hid is 2200 lumens? Is that a typo?
    No typo. It's a pure Xenon Short Arc lamp so Lumens per Watt are considerably lower than AC automotive type Metal Halide lamps. Look at what Matt@Peakbeam just posted in the Maxabeam Question thread. ..........Current lights run at 85 Watts and put 1800 Lumens out the front............. - about 21 Lumens per Watt. The 175 Cermax lamp is putting out a little less at about 12.5 Lumens per Watt.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNotAgain View Post
    The only thing that comes to mind is the Night Reaper. Night Reaper isn't to be confused for the Polarion built light. Night Reaper Systems builds the heavily militarized version of the light.
    From everything I have been able to ascertain the night reaper is not in serial production. Ken seems to have "flown below the radar" for more than 2 years now (08/2014). I know customers that bought from us after trying to contact him, to no avail. Its a tough market right now, when your primary customer base is military and not much product diversification.
    Last edited by XeRay; 02-17-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Look at what Matt@Peakbeam just posted in the Maxabeam Question thread. ..........Current lights run at 85 Watts and put 1800 Lumens out the front............. - about 21 Lumens per Watt.
    Just to clarify on the Maxa Beam, it is roughly ~1800 lamp lumens, ~1300 OTF Lumens.

Cermax "lamps" (Megaray), although also xenon and will have some traits in common, but are really their own technology with distinct differences.

No typo. It's a pure Xenon Short Arc lamp so Lumens per Watt are considerably lower than AC automotive type Metal Halide lamps. Look at what Matt@Peakbeam just posted in the Maxabeam Question thread. ..........Current lights run at 85 Watts and put 1800 Lumens out the front............. - about 21 Lumens per Watt. The 175 Cermax lamp is putting out a little less at about 12.5 Lumens per Watt.
    All good points BVH for Xenon Short Arc.
    50 watt Metal Halide HID (50 watts to the bulb) is about 105 lumens per bulb watt, 70 watt HID is about 107 lumens per bulb watt and 75 watt HID about 110 lumens per bulb watt. We (XeVision) never go past 80 watts on this specific bulb technology (using Philips DL50 Fatboy for 75 to 80 watts). We mostly use the DL50/740 for 50/70 watt applications (anything above 50 watts). We use 35W standard bulbs mostly for applications of 50 watts and less. At 80 watts its about 112 lumens per bulb watt. These are all bulb lumen numbers not OTF. As another point of reference 35 watt HID (automotive standard) is 91 or 92 lumens per bulb watt. This bulb technology becomes more lumens efficient as wattage increases. A very big jump in lumens per watt bulb efficiency comparing 35 and 50 watts, a steep curve there. Above 50 watts the lumens per watt curve is not so steep and only gets flatter.
    Last edited by XeRay; 02-17-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the Superpower version, I was talking about the regular version in that post. Having a pair of XeVisions would sure be nice!
    Any update on the status of your new Superpower HID..? Had it yet arrived in the states and any pictures to share..? Looking forward to hearing from you on the arrival of your new light..

Is there any Factory Stock HID Self Contained Lights that cost more then USD$5000.00 Please link me some in this thread for me to gander at please..

We can make a special LV edition (Louis Vuitton®) with a thick gold plating, the LV-XV70 with a special price of $9,750.00, we can do 18K or 24K but 24K is softer so it will be more easily scratched.
    Sorry no gandering, this will be "for your eyes only". The perfect accessory to fit in a "manbag", no shoulder strap to detract from the beautiful and sexy searchlight shape.
    For the sophisticated exacting buyer who wants only the very best Factory Production Searchlight. Comes with a locking sapphire glass viewing case and a real purple velvet fitted nesting cushion, for it to lay on within the viewing case.
    ?? , wow that was fast.
    Maybe I had too much spare time today.
    Last edited by XeRay; 03-28-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XeRay View Post
    We can make a special LV edition (Louis Vuitton®) with a thick gold plating, the LV-XV70 with a special price of $9,750.00, we can do 18K or 24K but 24K is softer so it will be more easily scratched.
    Sorry no gandering, this will be "for your eyes only". The perfect accessory to fit in a "manbag", no shoulder strap to detract from the beautiful and sexy searchlight shape.
    For the sophisticated exacting buyer who wants only the very best Factory Production Searchlight. Comes with a locking sapphire glass viewing case and a purple fitted nesting cushion, for it to lay on within the viewing case.
    ?? , wow that was fast.
    Maybe I had too much spare time today.
    You win the Internet today... this was great.

Polarion Korea is still in business and all their products are available for sale in the USA (Polarion-store, Polarion-sales). As noted in this post, wattage or lumens is not the end-all. Quality of the reflector is a critical factor that is often missed.

The PH50D is the latest civilian self-contained HID light. Under $2,000, dual mode (30-50W), water resistant to 20 meters, will throw close to 1 mile. Compatible with all Polarion filters including IR. 5200 mAh Li-Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
    Looking to add a few more over the top self contained, factory made HID Lights to add to the fleet.Anything new out that I am not aware of anyone..? Only want the ELITE TOP Dogs to add...
    The Maxabeam of course. It's very well known. It's also the farthest throwing portable light you can buy.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
    The Maxabeam of course. It's very well known. It's also the farthest throwing portable light you can buy.
    yes it is, and only beats them all by a measly 3 miles
    would be nice if it pumped out around 7k lumens though
    then you would have something
    they got lights you carry in your pocket, that have more lumens than the MB
    Last edited by hahoo; 03-30-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Well not quite. The xevision superpower throws almost as far and produces 7500 lumens. It is much larger though and he brighter spill reduces effective range. On the other hand the spot is much larger.
    Last edited by The_Driver; 03-30-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarion-Sparetech2 View Post
    Polarion Korea is still in business and all their products are available for sale in the USA (Polarion-store, Polarion-sales). As noted in this post, wattage or lumens is not the end-all. Quality of the reflector is a critical factor that is often missed.

The PH50D is the latest civilian self-contained HID light. Under $2,000, dual mode (30-50W), water resistant to 20 meters, will throw close to 1 mile. Compatible with all Polarion filters including IR. 5200 mAh Li-Ion.
    Nice to hear.....great lights.

Definitely nice to know, I still have my PH50. Anyone interested in buying it just PM me! After selling it I hope to pick up the new version probably in the very near future.
    Last edited by dudemar; 03-30-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Flashaholic*

Well not quite. The xevision superpower throws almost as far and produces 7500 lumens. It is much larger though and he brighter spill reduces effective range. On the other hand the spot is much larger.
    Last edited by hahoo; 03-30-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Flashaholic*

superpower= 4200 meters

maxabeam = 7000 meters

thats ONLY 1.75 miles further

what am i missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    what am i missing here?
    The inverse-square law

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PolarLi View Post

so, are my numbers right or wrong ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast