Malkoff        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "HIGH" End Self Contained HID's ..?

Default Re: "HIGH" End Self Contained HID's ..?

Your numbers are right

Your eyes are the problem. It's difficult too see small objects (people for example) in that large of a distance. So from a practical perspective the Maxabeam doesn't go that much farther.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
    Your eyes are the problem. It's difficult too see small objects (people for example) in that large of a distance. So from a practical perspective the Maxabeam doesn't go that much farther.

yes, but at say 1000 meters, it will still put twice the intensity, or more, on a subject, with 4 times the lux
    am i right there ?

As PolarLi described above, similarly, in a 900 Yard beam shoot with an 85 Watt, 1 degree beam Gen3 MB and a 175 Watt, 2 degree beam Megaray, the hotspot from the MB was indeed brighter than that of the MR however I could not tell that I was illuminating a large tree until I hit the same target with the dimmer but larger hotspot of the MR. So in this long-distance case, brighter was not better.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Gun Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W Spectrolab A120b SA's, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas, LarryK14@52V

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    Definitely nice to know, I still have my PH50. Anyone interested in buying it just PM me! After selling it I hope to pick up the new version probably in the very near future.
    Nativetexan,

I tried replying to your pm but your inbox is full. The PH50 is still available since you're interested!

Still looking for something "NEW" recent release and self contained and with a huge SHELF WOW FACTOR..!
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Not much more "Wow" factor than chipwillis' sale of the Big MAC Daddy of them All- Largest Titanium Light. 35/50w XeVision HID in a huge full custom Titanium body. Up for sale right now in WTS- Custom Titanium and Exotic Metal Lights...

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Not much more "Wow" factor than chipwillis' sale of the Big MAC Daddy of them All- Largest Titanium Light. 35/50w XeVision HID in a huge full custom Titanium body. Up for sale right now in WTS- Custom Titanium and Exotic Metal Lights...
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post5086286

Obviously, some years ago we provided the ballasts to MAC, that he needed to produce this one of a kind piece of art.
    Last edited by XeRay; 04-25-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    I believe I am asking and searching for "STOCK FACTORY HID Handheld Units" I myself would not take that thing to a worm wrestle..
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Sorry, bulb. I read through the posts here and saw that there was a scarcity of currently produced factory offerings. The one I mentioned has a lot going for it: The one-off factor, gorgeous machining, and pretty much a full set of spare parts that are from a well known, high quality manufacturer. I must inquire, what on earth is a worm wrestle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12