one stop out-of-stock shop ?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Don't say busy; busy implies that there is no time for the customer...Mr. Saabluster does his best to balance his R&D and answering queries. Let's just say that he is currently occupied in the development of a new, groundbreaking piece of hardware that everyone is looking forward to.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I goto their website stuff is out of stock. Is it just a dead site?

Mr. Saabluster does his best to balance his R&D and answering queries. Let's just say that he is currently occupied in the development of a new, groundbreaking piece of hardware that everyone is looking forward to.

It might very well be a dead site (for now). Yes Saab is a big time R&D perfectionist, his Frankenstein inventions are few and far between you have to keep checking in in order to get on board, and then they are all gone before you know it. I didn't check in for a long time and missed the whole Rev Victor craze, now it's a matter of 'Good luck getting your hands on one.' It's a passion thing for him, don't think of his website as your average business, it's something he does on the side for the love of breaking current performance records. And if you're not cool with a time frame of 'Some Day' do yourself a favor and don't even place an order with him because you'll pull your hair out waiting. 1 or 2 people had meltdowns waiting on the Deft-X, the rest of us knew that we were signing up for an unpredictably long wait.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's back when I thought candela was a fancy candlestick, but I wish I was here to witness the meltdowns. I'm sure it was terrible but I couldn't have resisted playing antagonist. I guess it's probably a good thing I was still bragging about my Kobalt from Lowe's back then. That thing had some throw.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's back when I thought candela was a fancy candlestick, but I wish I was here to witness the meltdowns. I'm sure it was terrible but I couldn't have resisted playing antagonist. I guess it's probably a good thing I was still bragging about my Kobalt from Lowe's back then. That thing had some throw.

It probably wasn't half as bad as my post sounds but I was just trying to toss out a disclaimer to someone who might not have known how Saab's lights proceed, hell if the OP is only used to Vinh mods he'd be in for a surprise. I hope Saab does add a disclaimer, pretty much think of this light as you would think of a new drug in the 1st stage of FDA approval. Lol their may have been an antagonist or 2, Saab surely did not go undefended.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probably wasn't half as bad as my post sounds but I was just trying to toss out a disclaimer to someone who might not have known how Saab's lights proceed, hell if the OP is only used to Vinh mods he'd be in for a surprise. I hope Saab does add a disclaimer, pretty much think of this light as you would think of a new drug in the 1st stage of FDA approval. Lol their may have been an antagonist or 2, Saab surely did not go undefended.

Exactly... buyers should know how it is and that they're getting something very special... which takes time. Heck, I bought my Deft-X (second hand) which arrived five months ago, and I haven't seen the beam yet. Haha I have to put that on the dummy who shorted out his light within 10 minutes of receiving it though. Michael carries no burden of guilt in this instance. :laughing:

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
He has a website showing "products." If he doesn't intend to PRODUCE them they should not be so advertised.

Capolini

Banned
Michael is a hell of a guy w/ a lot of talent.

He is also known to be verrry laid back and not nearly as efficient and reliable[as Vinh] when it comes to getting back to people and keeping up with his aforementioned web site!;)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Michael's web site is similar to some of the SF/Fantasy/Horror book publishers from which I order. He lists both what is now out-of-stock, plus items in stock (there are currently 2 of the latter). Think of it as a historical archive, a resource that one can refer to again and again, and that shows Michael's talents. The fact that he leaves information about out-of-stock lights on the website doesn't bother me; they are clearly shown as out-of-stock.

One of the items still in stock is the Rev Captor, the scientifically designed flood light. He mentioned a short while ago that there are only a few left. I just ordered it, since I am trying to purchase one (or more) each of Michael's flashlights since the TN31mb. Now, I have all of them.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
For items like these flashlights, I actually appreciate that the technical specifications don't "disappear" off of the website, when the product is out of stock or discontinued or replaced with an upgraded version ....

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I goto their website stuff is out of stock. Is it just a dead site?
Absolutely hilarious title. In the beginning I wanted to have the shop be filled with a bunch of lights from all different price levels, sizes, and types. I made available some budgety lights early on but they bugged me. In fact I pulled a couple lines off the market altogether because it just didn't feel right. The lights were already built but it bothered me selling them with my name attached and them not being significantly more power than anything else. Just been giving them away over the years.

I gravitated more and more to even more powerful lights. Given that I am only one guy with limited time resources and I have been tackling succeedingly more and more ambitious projects the time between releases has grown. As in lots of dead air for months and months on end. I want to flesh out the site more but that would absolutely require simpler builds. I may yet but for now I have some relatively large projects on my plate.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might very well be a dead site (for now). Yes Saab is a big time R&D perfectionist, his Frankenstein inventions are few and far between you have to keep checking in in order to get on board, and then they are all gone before you know it. I didn't check in for a long time and missed the whole Rev Victor craze, now it's a matter of 'Good luck getting your hands on one.' It's a passion thing for him, don't think of his website as your average business, it's something he does on the side for the love of breaking current performance records. And if you're not cool with a time frame of 'Some Day' do yourself a favor and don't even place an order with him because you'll pull your hair out waiting. 1 or 2 people had meltdowns waiting on the Deft-X, the rest of us knew that we were signing up for an unpredictably long wait.
I wish I could say it was all lies. :ohgeez: But it's true. I am horrible with my estimation of how long it takes to complete a task. Combine that with my ADD and my borderline OCD perfectionism and things can get wildly out of hand. Imagine what it is like for my poor wife.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
There is a difference between out of stock and no longer in production. Make it clear. So I've been wasting my time waiting for a restock. Pisses me off.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could say it was all lies. :ohgeez: But it's true. I am horrible with my estimation of how long it takes to complete a task. Combine that with my ADD and my borderline OCD perfectionism and things can get wildly out of hand. Imagine what it is like for my poor wife.

Well the ADD and OCD perfectionism is a PLUS for the final product!! And your horrible estimation of how long it takes simply comes with the territory of being a record setting innovator trying to max out performance. I wasn't complaining I was just clarifying it to give a fair warning to those who might loose their cool waiting.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a difference between out of stock and no longer in production. Make it clear. So I've been wasting my time waiting for a restock. Pisses me off.
I am so sorry that caused consternation. I am no web designer for sure. Can't find a way to leave the info there for history's sake and have it not say "out of stock". I did however add a note on the lights that they are discontinued. Also hid some products that I don't care to have as an archive. I very much appreciate your feedback to help me improve the site. If there is something specific you are wanting email me and I will see if there is anything I can do to fill the need. Thanks!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^Great response from The Master!

Working tirelessly to create more world renowned products while also taking the time to satisfy the individual. :thumbsup: