Hi everyone!

I'm not entirely too sure if this is the right spot to post, but if not Mods please move in the right section

So here we go! I've got a question about how to etch a question using small batteries, and when I say batteries I am talking about the little 9 volts or the bigger 6 volt lantern batteries. Seems pretty straight forward as far as simplicity. Get some wire with alligator clips, table salt, water, and some tape. I know there are some other setups like battery chargers and such, but I am not going in that direction.

So what I want to know, is it all about the voltage or current that goes into these small scale etchers? What I have in mind is simply buying a lantern battery and adding a constant voltage puck like the ones found on Deal Extreme and other sites, or would a 1 amp driver board be more feasible?

Or should I just leave it alone and just build one without circuitry? I want to add something to it to make it a little better without spending a whole lot or something easy I can just solder in.

Let me know what your thoughts are...

Thanks in advance!