this guys my hero, no shelf queens here

hahoo

Enlightened
along with loving flashlights,ive also been a boat nutt most my life
love off shore bluewater fishing
any ways, stumbled up on this the other night some how and thought you guys might enjoy it also
this guys has a serious light line up, and actually USES every one of them :thumbsup:
he is living the dream, doing what he does, and where he is doing it at huh.....

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a life!!!! He has to take a boat from one dream island to another to pick his kid up from school lol so lucky!!

He SAYS that he prefers throwers but then he describes high power flooders that have some throw to them, never heard anyone call TM36 and TK75 ideal throwers before.

hahoo

Enlightened
What a life!!!! He has to take a boat from one dream island to another to pick his kid up from school lol so lucky!!

He SAYS that he prefers throwers but then he describes high power flooders that have some throw to them, never heard anyone call TM36 and TK75 ideal throwers before.

that tm36 is actually a dedicated thrower, not so much the tk75
none the less, hes got quite the collection to choose from, and one nice place to light up at night for sure!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The lights are on a shelf and he is handling them with gloves. I checked out his channel and don't see any videos of the gear being used. So I am skeptical of the no shelf queen statement in the title though odds are some must be used. Why the BG survival knife on his belt in the living room? That said there is nothing wrong with collecting stuff. I got way more gear than needed so some just doesn't get used. It's all good IMHO just stating what I am thinking. I would very much enjoy seeing those gear items actually doing the things he is talking about. I know nothing about the youtube poster other than I liked those lights. Not so sure about that knife however but that's another topic.

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened
The lights are on a shelf and he is handling them with gloves. I checked out his channel and don't see any videos of the gear being used. So I am skeptical of the no shelf queen statement in the title though odds are some must be used. Why the BG survival knife on his belt in the living room? That said there is nothing wrong with collecting stuff. I got way more gear than needed so some just doesn't get used. It's all good IMHO just stating what I am thinking. I would very much enjoy seeing those gear items actually doing the things he is talking about. I know nothing about the youtube poster other than I liked those lights. Not so sure about that knife however but that's another topic.

half the lights he showed were beat to ****, and you dont think he uses them?
guy lives on an island in the middle of nowhere, dark as crap at nights, runs boats day in and out, is always handling some kinda rope, etc needs cutting, self defense.....
think id probably sleep with a knife too.....

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Using flashlights as tools is cool. Dudes got guts that's for certain.

And when ya live where he does ya never know when a creature that can kill you wants to share body heat...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
half the lights he showed were beat to ****, and you dont think he uses them?
guy lives on an island in the middle of nowhere, dark as crap at nights, runs boats day in and out, is always handling some kinda rope, etc needs cutting, self defense.....
think id probably sleep with a knife too.....

I didn't say he doesn't use them. In fact I went out of my way to say some must be used just the idea of no shelf queens can't be accurate as they're all on a shelf and odds are no person could use all that gear. I got stuff which is never used as well or gets used for a short time then retired. Too much stuff and the same applies to knives. Speaking of that topic for the knife going to hold my ground on that issue. LOL! I am sure he is a nice person and again would really like to see his flashlight boating action for real so maybe he will bring his camera out next time.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
He needs some "VN"/OSTS lights to really experience what throw really is! lol!

EDIT: He only has One[1] light over 300Kcd,,,just barely. The TM36 @ 310kCD! :shakehead

I have Five[5] torches over 400Kcd!:thumbsup: My TK61vn V4 w/ 770Kcd being the most.

And I live on the land!,,,And they are not nearly as bulky as his TM36!

I mention this because he stated how important throw is when your on the water. I agree w/ that.........he needs to step it up in the throw dept.!!! lol!

With the manufacturers catching up to Vinh and other modders, he could get the TN42 which is ~ 650/700Kcd.

So when was his video made? If it was from 2 or 3 years ago, I will give him a little break!! Then again, there were numerous lights [VN modded/OSTS Modded] that exceeded 400/500Kcd that were made back then.

I answered my own question!!! lol! His thread was started on 12.12.2015,,,,only 14 months ago. Getting his lights modded was suggested by one member.The poor guy has NOT experienced modded THROWERS!:mecry:

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Capolini his collection leaves much to be desired, some because they are dated, as he pointed out all of his TK75s are originals. On the water like that he should at least have one great aspheric! Now there's a guy who definitely should practice quality over quantity, I'm referring to performance quality, like you said 310Kcd max on a shelf that looks like it goes for a mile. Now of course he can come back at me and say "Ok let's talk quality, how's the quality of your life as you trek through that snow storm through that congested city to get to your cooped up cubicle?? Hahaha

hahoo

Enlightened
crap, id just like to see his 18650 collection actually !!
its gotta be a couple of 5 gallon buckets worth at least ! lol !!:laughing::laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
I enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing your find hahoo and commented that he needs to get some v54 treatment. He has a nice arsenal going and in truth he has more than enough anyway. He is obviously a gear head like most of us:cool:. Having so many tk75's(3 iirc) that a q70 would be a good option for him.

Love the older rc40's as well, 4 led/reflectors..................de-dome for a killer throw and boost or maybe 4 xhp35 HI's in 5000k flavour to make a formidable beast.

Capolini

Banned
^^^^^

I think your mistaken VEN!!! I am the one who suggested V54[AND OSTS] lights,,,not hahoo! He is in love w/ OP'S collection just the way it is!! lol!;)

ven

Flashaholic
I mean thanks for sharing the video and I made a comment on the tube vid itself;) But i see you have as well, great minds and all that:D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So here you have a thread showcasing the lights of a guy who can probably beat the crap out of the Hulk, and us eggheads telling the world how the guy's life would be better with upgraded flashlights...

Only at CPF. :grin2:

Capolini

Banned
So here you have a thread showcasing the lights of a guy who can probably beat the crap out of the Hulk, and us eggheads telling the world how the guy's life would be better with upgraded flashlights...

Only at CPF. :grin2:

lol!! I do not get it!

Where do you see where the guy is such a bad A** and what is wrong w/ using more powerful throwers when he specifies that is what he needs the most out on the water???;)