Miboxer        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Bottles: What do you use?

Default Re: Water Bottles: What do you use?

Personally I do like the Hydroflasks a lot. I also really love my big Yeti Rambler. Have you checked out Yeti?

We have a 32oz vinegar bottle in our kitchen, hoping the threads fit the Sawyer Water Filter. Good Idea. Thanks for sharing.

I tried opening and closing about 6 different Hydroflasks at REI a month or so ago. I did not find the sound of opening and closing the lid at all disconcerting. They sounded like a good quality fit without having too much friction. Now You want to hear some scratching fingernails on chalkboard? Listen to a Titanium on Titanium water bottle opening and, worse, closing.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Personally I do like the Hydroflasks a lot. I also really love my big Yeti Rambler. Have you checked out Yeti?
    No I'll look into the Yeti, I trust your judgement, and yours too, Kitrobaskin.

Thanks, guys.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

It has been fun to read of the different water bottle solutions here... well maybe not as fun as some of RedLED's stories...

BEHOLD: a 47 second video of the sound of 3 titanium water bottles opening and closing!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BBGgPI2zobdKkoSi1 Be sure to touch the far upper right play symbol and elapsed time indicator to get sound.

We also have the larger Vargo BOT titanium bottle/pot model but I did not record that one. It kind of deserves its own video because of its 'personality'. Incidentally, that video was shot with an iPad Pro 10.5 on full auto with fluorescent kitchen lighting. It is stored on Google's "unlimited high quality" option, so compressed I believe.
    Last edited by KITROBASKIN; 09-10-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

NPB,

Thanks for the tip on Yeti, it looks as if they they make some very, very nice products. I love the coolers. You see, in the desert when it hits 115-120, food goes bad quick, and as such many of us carry a cooler to the store (Along with our wonderful flashlights), because unless you live a block away your things go bad quick. I have one that plugs in and is powered, however, it is getting on in years and a yeti may be a solid quality replacement, as I just keep it in my company truck I use for errands.

NPB, I trust your advice in quality and well made things, and thanks once again for the tip to Yeti brand. And, it seems the Hydroflasks may turn out to be fine as well.

I love this forum for the knowledge people have on things we may not put a lot of thought into but make a huge difference when you apply the product.

Once again, thanks,

All the best,

RL
    Last edited by RedLED; 09-10-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Yeah the Yeti stuff is not cheap but it seems of very good quality. I have been using a 64 oz stainless Yeti Rambler all summer for water for work days. I put gallon jugs of water in the fridge to get cold and fill the Yeti in the morning. Even sitting in a hot truck the water stays plenty cold as long as it takes me to drink it all, sometimes 10-12 hrs. Have not used the actual coolers so I can't offer first hand experience on those.

I absolutely love my 30oz rambler. I find I drink much more water having a straw vs a screw on top. When I'm driving I don't have to take both hands off the wheel to drink.

I use this one with a Hydro Flask:

Here's something different. A 16 oz. vacuum sealed water bottle that has some kind of thermostat for heating water up to boiling point, brewing, extra hot or hot. It is the Cauldryn Fyre and Cauldryn Fyre Mobile. I spoke via email with Jason. He said the mobile uses a 75.5 watt hour lithium ion battery to heat the water.

Looks like the individual batteries are not user replaceable. It is made in China. I expect to purchase the AC model and buy the DC module as well but will wait on the mobile module.
    the battery unit, by the way, has USB output of 1A and 2Amps.

There are a few reviews on optics planet and amazon. Anyone here tried it yet?

I have a widemouth Hydroflask & they have a version of the flip-top & straw for that somewhat similar to the one above for the standard mouth. Alot easier to get icecubes into the widemouth. I have the 18 oz and 40 oz ones.

Mine is a Vargo Para Bottle in Titanium... very nice!
    Steve Bryant

Flashaholic*

Best I've found is the Klean Kanteen 20 oz wide mouth. I recently upgraded to this from the single walled 27oz model. Both are fantastic, but the double wall is the best. I use the"cafe cap" lid so I can't misplace the original. Hot or cold beverages.
    Last edited by jabe1; Yesterday at 09:57 PM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Flashaholic

I carry the Thermos Titanium in the saddlebag of my motorcycle. The Contigo with nipple lock is for the cup holder (which is open to the elements) so that the nipple remains clean. Both are vacuum sealed for insulation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12