NH II Mod ideas?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hiya guys and gals....

i recently acquired a used NightHunter II and did some searching around the forum and other than some lumen bashing, i couldn't find much in the modding area, so..... i was curious if anyone had delved into this prospect or had any ideas as such.

not exactly sure what to do with this light... its large, heavy and cumbersome.... lumens are tanked BUT being a SA it puts MOST of those lumens on target... so... i'm torn.

As always, any advice is welcome and TY!

-Fritz

A_L_R_O_M

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, i also have NH 2, and i want to buy another one so i will able to mod it, since i repaired the first one and i like it, and sometimes it is being used as IR torch (medicine torch).
May be i will do LED mod or 120W 0.8 UHP burner.

I'm not sure, but there is not so many choices:
Simple standart automotive bulb, 75 or 80W HID.
LED mod with XHP-35 or XPL-HI.
And UHP-like mod, with the 120W 0.8 short-arc.
We must cut the botom of the reflector, to be able to put mercury burner or LED, but may be automotive bulb will fit without cutting.
Machined huge adapter for the bulb or LED....

Last edited:

A_L_R_O_M

Newly Enlightened
I haven't dismantled this one yet. Been looking for a vid or some kind of breakdown so I know what NOT to do, lol.
Yeah, but i didn't found any...
My NH2 was in terrible condition, because it was not fastened properly and it was almost impossible to unscrew, even if i'm russian, who was insane doing this...
I put the head into boiling water, some chemicals such as WD40... i almost breaked my hand trying to unscrew head. Only after heating and cutting the rubber ring, using needle and knife i was able to unscrew. I noticed that mirror surface is very strong, only discolored after all that things and working fine...
I will order one more NH2, i will make an video, but it takes a long time to arrive....

Last edited: