Olight - S1R        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55

Thread: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

  1. #31

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    this is still my go to stove but i bet i have to keep the gas warm but i live in north ga so it dont get to cold
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    ps check ya local walmart mine has heet in the yellow bottle for 1 buck great in alchol stoves
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    dpower is ok now. right now im trying to bring 6 cups of water to boil its kinda slow but i got time
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  4. #34
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Just ordered a StoveTec's Big Foot Two-Door and Super Pot Combo. This is not for backpacking but a great stove to have around for power outages and when your car camping. This will burn just about anything. I'll give reports back when it arrives. I also already have a Kelly kettle. Same thing not for backpacking. I love being able to burn the items I have around me and not have to bring in fuel.

    image upload no size limit


    image upload no compression

    Both pictures are from the Web just to show if you've never seen these. My Kelly kettle has been used many times for boiling water for coffee, tea hot chocolate etc.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Just ordered a StoveTec's Big Foot Two-Door and Super Pot Combo. This is not for backpacking but a great stove to have around for power outages and when your car camping. This will burn just about anything. I'll give reports back when it arrives. I also already have a Kelly kettle. Same thing not for backpacking. I love being able to burn the items I have around me and not have to bring in fuel.

    image upload no size limit


    image upload no compression

    Both pictures are from the Web just to show if you've never seen these. My Kelly kettle has been used many times for boiling water for coffee, tea hot chocolate etc.
    2 cool dude i love survival and camping gear. lol i have like 11 laterns 4 stoves and like 250 d cell batts.i pick stuff up when it goes on sale today i found a jet stove with a 12 pieace cooking kit for 21 bucks
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    this is the kit i got but i payed 21 for it
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  7. #37
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    I have a MSR Firefly gas stove that is approaching umm lets see almost 60 years old and still does the job required of it.
    will work for peanuts

  8. #38
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    this is the kit i got but i payed 21 for it
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Great heads up bro. I just ordered one coming tomorrow. Just like having many lights I to buy a lot of survival gear. Always figure my kids will be using it also.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    mine comes tomorow to
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  10. #40
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    mine comes tomorow to
    Just got shopping confirmation. Today! I'll post pics and thoughts.. after I get back from the beach. I had to say that

  11. #41

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    is it normal for ya gas bottle to get cold while stove is running and then the flame drops down?
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  12. #42
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    It arrived today and it's really a nice setup and for that price too thx again raggie for the heads up!!

    imgurl

  13. #43

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    It arrived today and it's really a nice setup and for that price too thx again raggie for the heads up!!

    imgurl
    np i get mine tomorow hope you enjoy it
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  14. #44
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    np i get mine tomorow hope you enjoy it
    Oh for sure. Any other good finds you come across feel free to pm me and I'll do the same. I'll post pictures when the stove tec comes in. The Kelly kettle I highly recommend. I've used it many times ...

  15. #45

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Oh for sure. Any other good finds you come across feel free to pm me and I'll do the same. I'll post pictures when the stove tec comes in. The Kelly kettle I highly recommend. I've used it many times ...
    this latern aint bad for 40 bucks
    https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Quad-..._i=16352025011
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  16. #46
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    This looks great do you have one and tried it out?

  17. #47
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    I'm not sure why but the original reason for specifying white gas is that gasoline used to be leaded gas mucks up the systems in camping gear like lanterns and gasoline stoves! I would be curious if the current unleaded gas for autos could be used or if the "additives" would still gum up the works.
    will work for peanuts

  18. #48

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    This looks great do you have one and tried it out?
    im just reading the reviews now i look closer i see its only like 200 lumens but i may still buy one
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    is it normal for ya gas bottle to get cold while stove is running and then the flame drops down?
    Yes. It's just what happens when the liquid gas turns into a gas. And depending on the ambient temperature and humidity, it can get covered in frost.

    That's the problem with canister stoves. Even if you sleep with your canister or keep it in your pocket, it will still get cold after running for a while and the pressure will drop. In the winter I like to put the canister in a small cup of warm water which keeps it going 100% pretty much indefinitely.
    GOOD TINT!

  20. #50

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Yes. It's just what happens when the liquid gas turns into a gas. And depending on the ambient temperature and humidity, it can get covered in frost.

    That's the problem with canister stoves. Even if you sleep with your canister or keep it in your pocket, it will still get cold after running for a while and the pressure will drop. In the winter I like to put the canister in a small cup of warm water which keeps it going 100% pretty much indefinitely.
    cool ty for advice
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  21. #51

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    how is this in the cold? ps they id me when i bought fuel for it lol https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  22. #52
    A&Q Moderator
    Woods Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New England woods.
    Posts
    4,460

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    how is this in the cold? ps they id me when i bought fuel for it lol https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have used Alky stoves down to the single digits. Don't own that one but it looks like a double walled. Those self prime.

    Edit. Typo.
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 03-29-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    I have used Alky stoves down to the single digits. Don't own that one but it looks like a double walled. Those sell prime.
    cool i like it a lot
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

  24. #54
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,559

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    cool i like it a lot
    I've never used one but I agree with woods my friends in Pennsylvania use them and love them.

  25. #55
    A&Q Moderator
    Woods Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New England woods.
    Posts
    4,460

    Default Re: Winter stove options. My preferred is White Gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    cool i like it a lot
    Here is one I made (of many).









    Think I never got around to using that burner much (super bowl can made me want to save it. LOL!) but here is another I made in field use.





    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •