Flood and throw!

Ginis

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at the Fenix TK51, I like the idea of both flood and throw in one light!
I need a torch for hunting- flood for looking for blood trails for up to 20 meters.
-Throw for looking beyond the tree line, up to 100 meters.
Are there other lights like this or do I need to go 2 flashlights?
With my 4 year old led head light I can see what´s In front of me but no good for tracking, when I raise my head all I can see is reflecting eyes looking back at me. Is it wild boar, deer, moose, lynx or other and how big are they?
I need a torch that won´t let me down!

ven

Flashaholic
There are many lights that throw far enough and have lots of spill/flood, various sizes and costs!

What is your budget and what is your size, tk51 is a solid light and nicely made. Today although it performs well, is surpassed with newer LED's..............

There are powerful flood lights that will reach out well past what you require and flood everything up to and past that point.

If size is not too much of a concern, check out the k60 or k60vn(vinhs version with shaved dome to increase throw), this is a really good do it all light. Around 4500 OTF(out the front) lumens, control ring UI, 4 cell fed so plenty in the tank.

Smaller the r50vn/r50vn pro are 26650 fed, compact size and will be suitable for your requirements. The xhp50 shaved dome from vinh again increases throw to around 45kcd, with lots of bright spill.

Good luck and:welcome:

Ginis

Newly Enlightened
The farther and wider and brighter you go , the bigger the budget.
Of corse it would be nice with more flood and more throw but just seeing to my needs. If the torch floods more and throws further that would not be a bad thing!
Trying to to keep the budget and wieght down but i do realize with the good stuff, you have to open your wallet.
Would prefer 18650 batteries. 100 euros per light, if it comes to 1 torch for throw and 1 for flood.
But i will start at looking whats been recomended.
Thanks for the help!

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coast FL70 might do the trick for you for flood & throw, but it uses 3 AAA batteries.

Maybe one of their other battery configuration focusing headlamps would work for you. I've only used the FL70.

ven

Flashaholic
For a budget all rounder, check the convoy L6 out, xhp70 sat in a large reflector, around $60 or so and fed on 2x 26650 cells..............Decent reach and spill.

colight

Enlightened
Ginis, maybe you can also look at the TK32 2016 model? Being a Fenix fan myself, I've always been interested in the performance of their TK32 as a hunting light. I found mostly good remarks about the light so far, and saw some pictures of it on the Fenix Worldwide Facebook page, which impressed me greatly, hence my suggesting it to you. Does anybody else have hands-on experience of the TK32 in this capacity?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
ideally you should have dedicated light for either throw or flood because if you can find one that that has both, it will neither be a good thrower nor a good flooder.

Ginis

Newly Enlightened
That's the catch trying to get flood and throw out of one torch. I think I am going to have to carry two torches with me when hunting.
Do you know a good flood torch. ?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the catch trying to get flood and throw out of one torch. I think I am going to have to carry two torches with me when hunting.
Do you know a good flood torch. ?

For flood, Nitecore EC4SW, 2000 lumens, 2 x 18650, really floody.

For throw, I would probably go for one of the 1x18650 lights, there are a lot of them out there, but probably the Nitecore MH20GT.

These are my personal preferences :)

Ginis

Newly Enlightened
Exactly what I was looking for the -Nitecore EC4SW. No to bulky, good flood a bit pricey but if it does the job than it is affordable.
It´s definitely going in my hunting bag! Thanks.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly what I was looking for the -Nitecore EC4SW. No to bulky, good flood a bit pricey but if it does the job than it is affordable.
The ec4sw was my first "real" flashlight last year. I really like it to this day, though I will say it was a gateway drug into many buying many other flashlights for me!
But between the neutral light and the plethora of features between the two buttons... it's a great light.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Head on over to the CPF Mall and check out dazed1's thread and be sure ask if he has any EC4SW for sale, can get a discount if he can swing it.