The Fenix-Store        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed DT70 - be advised

Default Re: Failed DT70 - be advised

For all this aggravation I should have sent it to one of the guys on blf to make a engineer's signal lamp out of it
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

So, imalent states they never got my light shipped back to them thru the vendor. Vendor offered me a replacement light at the same price. I picked a light and they sent me the wrong one. Of course since I peeled the wrapping off the box to find out why the picture doesn't match what I ordered they're not taking it back.

^^^

That is terrible.

What kind of customer service is that? How do they and how long will they be in business?!

The last stock light I bought was a SC62[Z'Light]. Been working perfect since 10.14.2014....I just remembered! I bought an Olight i3s-CU about 1 year ago!

This is not intended to make you feel worse!

It is as simple as Zebralight and Olight are much better quality and have better customer service.

I lost the "Cigar ring" on my M2Xvn a few months ago and Olightworld sent me Two of them for free. It was not costly for them but shows what a good company will do.
    Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. ,,,Capolini 10.21.2003

I would be insulted. What are they saying? You're too clumsy to hold onto the replacement? Just kidding. I was dropped as a child. Yep, based on this last kick to the twig and berries, that's another vendor I won't be dealing with.

Sorry for your troubles. It's prevalent stories like this that make me happy to buy my lights from Vinh. The quality is there, factory deficiencies have been corrected, specs are always conservative, he stands behind his lights 100%.

Except for an occasional, cheap $10 novelty light from China, that I won't lose sleep over, Vinh gets all my business.

Got my Acebeam X45vn today and the quality is nowhere near the Imalent DT70.

In fact it scares me. So I'll be looking into a refund.
    X80, X45, DT70, TN40vn, M43 219c, D4, E14 II, EC50 II, DQG 3th, H2R, BLF X5, S1R.
    My torch beam shot vids:https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

And that is the beauty of working with Vinh - you will get a refund (or repair if you prefer)
    good luck getting the same with imalant

Quote Originally Posted by KG_Tuning View Post
    Got my Acebeam X45vn today and the quality is nowhere near the Imalent DT70.

In fact it scares me. So I'll be looking into a refund.
    Vinh already made a recall for that light on 5.8.2017.

You probably know about it.

X45vn Recall!

I will need all X45vn back to upgrade the circuit with new electrolytic capacitor for increased reliability. Currently the tested lights can work fine but might eventually glitch. I am not even sure why it doesn't glitch right away or during testing. Please send me an email for recall shipping label. If you got a light that is working fine you are welcome to use it until something goes wrong. Thank You and sorry for the inconvenience.

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by lstmichel View Post
    And that is the beauty of working with Vinh - you will get a refund (or repair if you prefer)
    good luck getting the same with imalant
    No doubt Vinh will take care of him. He always has taken care of me and will make things right.

From my experience, that reassurance does Not make a person feel any better because of the intitial frustration of having to send the light back. And he lives in England!

There is also another side of this and it "Comes with the territory". That territory is Vinh does the work of Three people. It is inevitable that sooner or later defects are going to be missed. It happened to me Twice in my 3.5 Vinh career!

It is a no win for anyone. The customer is frustrated and Vinh loses time and money. The only way to prevent it is to hire someone to thoroughly inspect the lights before shipment. That won't happen and even if it did,mistakes will still happen, just at a lesser rate. We all make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Capolini View Post
    No doubt Vinh will take care of him. He always has taken care of me and will make things right.

From my experience, that reassurance does Not make a person feel any better because of the intitial frustration of having to send the light back. And he lives in England!

There is also another side of this and it "Comes with the territory". That territory is Vinh does the work of Three people. It is inevitable that sooner or later defects are going to be missed. It happened to me Twice in my 3.5 Vinh career!

It is a no win for anyone. The customer is frustrated and Vinh loses time and money. The only way to prevent it is to hire someone to thoroughly inspect the lights before shipment. That won't happen and even if it did,mistakes will still happen, just at a lesser rate. We all make them.
    This thread got started (by me, mostly as a warning) because of issues with imalent and banggood.
    At the end of 6 months, 10+ hours of working with imalent / banggood / paypal, and the final loss of $330 - I get the frustration; I got effed with no possible recourse.
    I work for a manufacturer and yes we have had occasional recalls - (so I get this side of the frustration as well), but we make it right for our customers.

As you say mistakes will happen - it's how they are handled that makes the all difference.

I was the first one to have the X45 issue - mine is back with Vinh for repair - that fact that it will get repaired gives me peace of mind. YMMV
    Last edited by lstmichel; 05-12-2017 at 10:13 PM.

The driver and battery carrier mods on my X45vn are both substandard, this is my 7th Vinh light ordered and I'm left with just a TN40vn that has a split rubber and rounded threads. 6 lights I ordered now I don't have.
    Last edited by KG_Tuning; 05-13-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    X80, X45, DT70, TN40vn, M43 219c, D4, E14 II, EC50 II, DQG 3th, H2R, BLF X5, S1R.

The driver and battery carrier mods on my X45vn are both substandard, this is my 7th Vinh light ordered and I'm left with just a TN40vn that has a split rubber and rounded threads. 6 lights I ordered now don't have.
    Not to marginalize your experiences - but this is the wrong thread; I doubt that Vinh reads this one.

Doesn't matter where I post about torches I always get people telling me to get the Vinh version or the Vinh version is better or get a Vinh light, I've gone down the Vinh route and it hasn't been enjoyable. It's not been 7th time lucky.

My DT70 trounces the X45vn on tint, tint shift, throw, UI, features, heat management, price and build quality.

Vinh sells it as 25,000 Lumens but by 4.10v it struggles to get 20,000 and by this stage the DT70 looks far brighter as it has a more condensed spill.

Wow... first I'm hearing about this.

Flashaholic*

Doesn't matter where I post about torches I always get people telling me to get the Vinh version or the Vinh version is better or get a Vinh light, I've gone down the Vinh route and it hasn't been enjoyable. It's not been 7th time lucky.

My DT70 trounces the X45vn on tint, tint shift, throw, UI, features, heat management, price and build quality.

Vinh sells it as 25,000 Lumens but by 4.10v it struggles to get 20,000 and by this stage the DT70 looks far brighter as it has a more condensed spill.
    so 16,000 manf claimed lumens,looks far brighter than 20,000 plus known lumens ?
    and a custom flashlight, that basically has a lifetime warranty, is better than a startup companies light, with a total crap track record for standing behind their products, when they fail, or arrive as junk right out of the box?
    is that what im hearing?
    16 k lumens, trouncing 25k lumens ?...
    you must work for dimalant, or have stock in the company....

several people have tested x45 vn , and its close to the 25,000 real lumens its supposed to be
    heres the trouncing dt70s real world numbers just so youll know

23,000 lumens x45 vs 13, 500 lumens dt 70
    thats trouncing alright.....
    Last edited by hahoo; 05-14-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Flashaholic*

wow, look at that stepdown...
    down to 1500 lumens in less than 2 minutes
    id rather carry my 1500 lumen pocket light if this is tha case...lol !

My X45vn tested 28,000 at turn on 25,000 after 30 secs ANSI, 20,400 lumens at 4.10v which doesn't take long for 2500mah batteries to get to. 19,980 lumens at 4.05v and I didn't test it at 3.90v but at this stage the DT70 was massacring the X45vn both in throw and peripheral light with the added confidence my hand was safe!

Heat effected spring, yes this isn't normal, also the flat tops fit too loosely and button tops too tight as the springs don't compress, forcing button tops in and out is hard on the wrap and springs and one of my flat tops wasn't making a connection, the spring heights varied significantly, really poor workmanship, this X45vn light is unusable and seemingly dangerous imo.

The X45vn is great for a minute of wow, then the voltage drops too low to sustain the output and as it's a 180 degree flooder the light seems very dull indeed compared to the DT70 after a minute of Turbo use. Both lights are too hot to handle after 1 minute anyway.
    Last edited by KG_Tuning; 05-14-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Both lights on Turbo for a couple of minutes, the DT70's 3000mah 15a batteries got to around 4.10v and the X45vn's 2500 35a batteries down to 3.90v

Hard to tell on the vid but the X45vn's lumen output was dropping ludicrously fast as the DT70 just holds and holds and holds as voltage drops.

Basically the X45vn is 30 seconds of wow then off home to charge the batteries and higher capacity batteries on the X45vn is yeilding around 22,000 lumens which will mean about 13,000 at 3.90v lmfao

Does anyone know how dangerous a light that sticks on in Turbo mode with batteries not making a clean connection is?

I've still not received a recall email off Vinh. Good job I saw it on here.

Flashaholic*

so your light doesn't step down to 1500 lumens like the one budda tested?
    just keeps on keeping on ?

Both lights should be manually turned down before auto step down. 30 secs imo. What people don't realise is that if you took away the deep reflector from the DT70 it would be the size of the Noctigon M43 Meteor, a truly remarkable light. It actually handles heat well considering.Voltage drop kills the X45vn and heat holds the DT70 back, with Imalent 3000mah cells I measured 15,000 turn on lumens and 13,500 ANSI in a warm room, I'm sure with VTC5A cells in there and a colder testing environment the DT70 could manage 16,000 lumen ANSI. Not bad for Noctigon sized construction with a 5cm reflector on top, unbelievable I'd say.
    Last edited by KG_Tuning; 05-14-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Does anyone know how dangerous a light that sticks on in Turbo mode with batteries not making a clean connection is?
    Is this a rhetoric question?
    Or what exactly is so dangerous in short disconnections?
    Sparkles? Fire?

God knows, light was on stuck in turbo. Wouldn't turn off, one of the 4 18650's wasn't making contact and it's spring was going black.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12