First to feel perfect in my hand

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t understand. Is it a LED or incandesant...or both. The description leaves me confused.

Ken

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Looks like the 3V is incan and 6V is LED. Should've been the other way round. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
"the Black Ice™ series flashlights are the most advanced and technically superior on the market"

gotta love the obvious lies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm all about the tool teaching the hand. I still EDC a Buck Odyessy because it feels perfect in my hand. I'm still trying to figure out what might be better. One thing I do know is that it is built by Buck.

This "Browning" is a Chinese built light distributed by Nuwai. There was a thread here for a while where someone let us know that an individual in the US "designed" it. This was disproven logically. I have a special disgust with this light and its' ability to fool people. Sure, most of us know that a Walther or Corvette or Hummer flashlight is not built by those companies but this "Brownie" light has the capability of fooling innocent buyers in a greater way.

I'm highly displeased with its' introduction to the market.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
I had a 6V Xenon Black Ice briefly, it seems well made and I liked having a switch behind the bezel. Beam was pretty standard for a focusable light somewhat blotchy hotspot on tight focus and hole in the middle on wide, mine didn't focus particularly tight. The bulb in it was pretty nice and gave the light a pretty smooth corona. The reflector was a piece of crap though, it looked like something you'd find in a 99 cent grocery store lights, some kind of dirt under the reflective coating. I think it was $47 after tax, I took it back the next day and got and E2e instead for only $27 more.