• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired BOTH SOLD: Rare McGizmo Ti Protos

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All.

OK I never thought I would sell these but other hobbies are pushing for funds
so, with a sad and heavy heart, here we go.

Up for sale are
SOLD VERY rare McGizmo prototype titanium lights.

IXggSZgh.jpg

Bzgrnheh.jpg

wXCxAoMh.jpg

First on the block is the fabled 27XR-T Proto
Don (McGizmo) made 4 of these lights as Ti27LTs
and although they were never publicly offered for sale 3 of them escaped into the wild and I am only aware of one ever changing hands. The light I have for sale is the '4th light' which served as Don's personal dive light for many years. During the time he had it he updated it to an XR led and when I managed, with considerable effort, to prize it from his grasp he re-named it a 27XR-T
The light is shown here fitted with an optional Mofo crenulated Ti bezel ring but the original McGizmo one which fits entirely within the head will be included in the sale as well. The light has obviously been used (by Don) but is in extremely good condition. I did give it a light polish when I first got it but this has faded somewhat now.

This is a one of light and a piece of CPF history!

$1950

H7Gpj7hh.jpg

dolEhzQh.jpg

eakNzJth.jpg

zwEdxL5h.jpg

eltOx8xh.jpg

Second up is the PD 27-T Bead Blasted Proto
Again this one came direct from Don who I am reasonably certain made only 4 of these lights the others without the bead blasting.

This light is in unused condition with a couple of very small light handling marks.

These are distinguished from the later production 27 by the position of the teardrops, double O rings on the head to body union, a different length PD piston and of course the screw in bezel.

$1450

kld1aiPh.jpg

6JVZyinh.jpg

x98oOcWh.jpg

f5JNh3ph.jpg

And last but not least err umm, what an I going to call this one??
SOLD A McGizmo right angle E-series Head Proto light!! SOLD

This light is a one of.
It is in good condition with some light marks on the head.
Acquired directly from Don and this is what he said back in 2007:-

"Although this right angle "E-series" head was made a number of years ago, it has not been shown on any of these web pages until now
(Aug. 2007) It consists of a BadBoy driver powering a Luxeon 1 LED.
Recently it was brought up to date with a titanium power pak, new style pocket clip and custom Ti bezel."

SOLD $950

Usual term and conditions apply:

First to post here in this thread 'I'll take it' gets it. Questions by PM don't count as place holders.

Please pay by PayPal to gjr (at) cavalrybarn (dot) com pretty quick after you say 'I'll take it' No E'Cheques thanks.
Bank transfer preferred from UK buyers.

Price includes shipping by Special delivery with insurance in the UK and tracked shipping with no insurance (but available on request at cost) anywhere else in the world
Once I have posted the light I can't be responsible for loss or damage in the post other than that covered by any insurance (but I have never lost anything yet) :ohgeez:

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Last edited:

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS 3 VERY Rare McGizmo prototype Ti lights!

Wow, I would love the "angle gizmo" but knew it was out of my budget, even before I saw the price! Awesome lights!

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

And received thank you. Stand by for shipping info.

Angle light now sold

YummyBacon!

Enlightened

Ooh... I like the ridges on that Angle pack! Congrats
to both buyer & seller!

jso902

Enlightened

Looks like an inhaler. Nice prototypes. Glws

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh I wish I had enough for Don's personal diving light. I don't live near any oceans or seas but it would definitely be my new favorite bathtub toy!

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have had a very informative and interesting PM from a member with an encyclopedic knowledge of Dons proto lights and I know believe that there may be 4 PD27T (PD27L?) prototypes in the wild with my one being the only bead blasted version. These are distinguished from the later production 27 head by the position of the teardrops, double O rings on the head to body union, a different length PD piston and of course the screw in bezel. One of the attractions of Don's prototypes is the mystery that often surrounds them and their details, sometimes even Don can't remember! So this is a 1 of 1 in the fact that it is bead blasted but probably a 1 of 4 as a PD27T / PD27L prototype. I have amended the OP to reflect this.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm open to sensible offers especially if anyone wants both lights.